LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi evry 1

i have a problem which is from a while,i feel heat coming from the floor,specially from the front at the transsmition from inside the car,its really hot that if u r driving and wearing slippers in ur feet u feel the heat,it really hot for the feet,and heat from under the pedals too !!! whats is the problem,mind u the oil and gasket and filter of the gear is not changed from a long time,is this the problem ???

the car is a 1996 chevy caprice,4.3L engine,not modified.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we never did anything to the exhuast before,no job no nuthin,and for insulation under the carpet,i dont know we didnt rip it off before and we never did anywork on the exhaust too.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
How do you stop it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1st thanx every 1 for ur replies

foompla, how it may come from the vents ??? were ??

naptownswangin,i cant stop it really,the heat comes after driving the car for a while like over 30 min or so. whats the problem,my feet r toasted !! so as my friend who was sittin next to me he complained from it,even at night with the A/C on.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
I know. I have the same problem, that shit gets hot!!!!

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
I dont have converters. I have straight duals.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Aug 22 2005, 02:22 PM~3669357
I dont have converters. I have straight duals.
your problem might be stemming from the headers. your going to have to add some insulation under the rug or wrap the headers or something to that effect if thats the issue.

Maxima gt- try to pinpoint exactly what the source of the heat is. I said that it might be coming from the vents because i hear its a common occurance with GM's (although I havent had the pleasure of the experience). Maybe someone whos had it can help you out.

concrete - the cat on my car was underneath the passenger seat. assuming they still have the stock y pipe, id think its in a similiar place on the caprice.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
is the exaust loud (not only where they exit)...would be the first question ... collector gaskets would be coming loose ... and burning up your gasket ...if so get some aluminium seals like percy's or other brand.... and keep them tight ..

other wise you could try to by pass the heater core and see if that changes anything ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts