LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i met this guy who lowerd his caddy 2 door....he sayed that he heated up the springs with the car up on ramps and with the spring in there spots and that lowerd it....is it that simple to do......his car was pretty low....im jus looken to get my car low until i have the money for hydraulics...jus wonderen if this was worth heaten up the springs...ne help is appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Aug 18 2006, 12:37 AM~5992226
Yup rides like shit.
x 2. not worth. y half ass it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
just cut them bitches if you that desperate. thas wat i did on my 4 dr box chev. i just left the shocks in that bitch, the ride feels the same to me. :puffin:.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thats the east la lowering kit! just make sure that when you do it heat it up and the end of 1 turn and heat it until it collapses onto the next coil...works fine...
Its actually fool proof if you just drop it down to the next coil and you need to ,make sure you only heat it at the same point on both springs on both sides.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by linearone@Aug 18 2006, 06:56 AM~5992624
thats the east la lowering kit!  just make sure that when you do it heat it up and the end of 1 turn and heat it until it collapses onto the next coil...works fine...
Its actually fool proof if you just drop it down to the next coil and you need to ,make sure you only heat it at the same point on both springs on both sides.
:uh: :uh: Yeah that ways "full proof" until the springs break or buckle in on themselves.

Just buy some lowering springs or leave it the way it is until you get enough $$$ together. Another way to make the car look lower is toss some 13's on it :biggrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by ScrapinCadillacs90@Aug 18 2006, 01:36 AM~5992218
i met this guy who lowerd his caddy 2 door....he sayed that he heated up the springs with the car up on ramps and with the spring in there spots and that lowerd it....is it that simple to do......his car was pretty low....im jus looken to get my car low until i have the money for hydraulics...jus wonderen if this was worth heaten up the springs...ne help is appreciated...thanks
add shocks. it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Prior to getting my hydraulics, I looked into getting springs that would lower my car. The place I called only makes them for 3 inches lower (they have a computer that does the work) as any lower and an alignment couldn't be guaranteed. And to top it off, they are about 250 dollars a piece. In '76 I bought a '62 Impala from a guy who had cut the springs. The car rode ok but didn't have much suspension travel, but a cheep way to go. For the economy hook-up, the reply from thew guy who tells you how to heat the springs and get them even is probably the way to go. Ofcourse alot of the guys in here will bad-mouth that method, but since they're not footing the bill for juice for you, go with what works best for you. ( no offense intended tward anyone ) Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
when my guy heated my lac springs he heated them some how where the springs came down even and it rode like stock and they never broke i allso changed the shocks that same day :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by Texas Jim@Aug 27 2006, 05:29 AM~6051938
Prior to getting my hydraulics, I looked into getting springs that would lower my car.  The place I called only makes them for 3 inches lower (they have a computer that does the work) as any lower and an alignment couldn't  be guaranteed.  And to top it off, they are about 250 dollars a piece.  In '76 I bought a '62 Impala from a guy who had cut the springs.  The car rode ok but didn't have much suspension travel, but a cheep way to go.  For the economy hook-up, the reply from thew guy who tells you how to heat the springs and get them even is probably the way to go.  Ofcourse alot of the guys in here will bad-mouth that method, but since they're not footing the bill for juice for you, go with what works best for you.  ( no offense intended tward anyone )  Good Luck!
I would buy the springs your gonna use for juice and put em in right away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts