LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to order my rims...13 or 14 i dont kno...i have an 83 coupe deville..wut do u guyz think? all the lacs around here are on 14z...plz tell me wut u guys think.thnks

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
i'm pretty sure you have to grind the calipers to fit 13's.
i hear that 14's ride smoother than 13's.the car sometimes shakes when you have 13's on it.not sure,but some one on here has to know.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
i have an 83 coupe

after 3 hours of grinding my calipers almost 3/4 inch of spacers 13 7's still rubbed

the car shook I HATED THEM they werent on my car 2 days and i got rid of them!!!

14 6's tuck nice all the way around

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Jul 30 2003, 01:06 AM
i got 13's on mine.......had to grind a bit and put 1/4" spacers in.....doesn't shake at all just slides when the brakes are put on quickly......
SLIP N SLIDE TIME ! lol i had 13s in my 92 and the yea there where some probs like i needed 5/8s spacers in the front and had to grind the brakes down and the back left tire would rub when i would turninto a parking lot on the right side... but if i shaved the inner lip of the quarter it wouldnt havbe happened... 14s are alot easier but those lil 13s just looked perfect

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
13'SSSSSSSS. nothin else, i got an 82 caddy, i had to grind quite a bit and run 7/16 spacers but it all pays off when you get em on!!!! 13's for me! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
just FYI i got 14x7 standard offset on my coupe and still had to grind the hell out of the calipers plus use spacers. I think with 14" reverse you wouldnt have to

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
14/6.................look and will ride better ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts