LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Use free air subs or infinite baffle with no box the best system i heard in San Jose in the 80s had no box shook house 5 blocks away 2 18s zappcos.

·
Registered
276 Posts
WTF :twak: its 2012 good luck finding free air subs that sound good now.
Use free air subs or infinite baffle with no box the best system i heard in San Jose in the 80s had no box shook house 5 blocks away 2 18s zappcos.

·
Registered
276 Posts
In my 64 I have 2 Rockford Fosgate T1 12's ported through my rear deck. Box measures 35" wide 22" deep and 9.5" tall. Using two 4" aero ports that are 9" long. Gets very loud with no trunk rattle. All bass goes into cabin. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:
Can anyone post specs or setup of two 12s ported into package tray

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome I knew it could be done..im running two memphis mojo 12s ..how many cubic ft was each speaker ..im guessing subs are facing up?.. Can u plz post a pic?

·
Registered
276 Posts
It is 3.5 cubic feet before displacement.I kept it all hidden in my 64 so it looked stock. Subs/ports are firing up. But did the same setup in my friends 72 monte carlo not hidden here is a pic of it. 2 power hx2 12's with 2 power 6x9s 5Lf5K95Fd3Ee3Ma3F1c7n6a5409ec6a5e1db5.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Torsion bars were in the way. I removed them installed the box and re-installed them. Make sure to dynamat the package tray bottom and bottom of rear deck. I did that as well as the rest of the trunk.
Ok on ur 64 where the torsion bars in the way?? Or was box built under them??

·
Registered
276 Posts
My rear deck has a large oval size hole in it. I welded a metal screen in place of the hole and covered the rear deck in factory materal. And only use one 3 way 6.5 as rear fill in the factory spot. Have 3 sets of components as front stage.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
already got it dynamated so im up on that ..ur info has been priceless ..ill be running these mojo 12s with the 2500 d class 1 ohm and the highs are memphis 6x9 ..6.5 componets and tweets ran on memphis 800.4..ill post pics shortly ..thanks again

·
Registered
276 Posts
anytime bro, glad I could help :h5:
already got it dynamated so im up on that ..ur info has been priceless ..ill be running these mojo 12s with the 2500 d class 1 ohm and the highs are memphis 6x9 ..6.5 componets and tweets ran on memphis 800.4..ill post pics shortly ..thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my 64 I have 2 Rockford Fosgate T1 12's ported through my rear deck. Box measures 35" wide 22" deep and 9.5" tall. Using two 4" aero ports that are 9" long. Gets very loud with no trunk rattle. All bass goes into cabin. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:
Can you post some pix plz?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yea there's like 3 audio places on Kemp now lol ...I didn't want to be charged 10 grand for install so I have my homie doing it at my garage

·
1964 chevrolet
3,812 Posts
Hell yea i feel ya Im building a box for my 64 now. Nothing special just a sealed encloser to hold 3 8s. Only thing is the back wall will be made of lexan.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Already homie thatz whatsup ...were wrapping my deck tomorrow then starting on my fiberglass console ..tryna get ride ready for altus OK cruise and show in April

1 - 20 of 66 Posts