LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you need to c-notch the fram on a 91 s10 to put hydros on it?? also what all does it take to put a setup on a s10 it already lowered???

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
You will have to notch the frame to lay out... You will also have to build a "bridge" from one frame rail to the other over the axle... Then you cut the holes in the bridge for the cylinders to stick through... Weld mounting brackets or power balls onto the axle for the cylinders to mount to... then you mount the cylinders to the axle, slide your donuts over the cylinders to the collars, put your coil springs over the cylinders so they sit on the donuts, put the cylinders through the holes in the "Bridge" and let the truck down... That easy... :cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was lowered i thank by flipping the rear end and the use of lowering blocks i dont want it to lay frame just go as low as it is now and then do fbss and standing 3 wheel

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 85grandphix13s@Jan 4 2004, 02:57 AM
it was lowered i thank by flipping the rear end and the use of lowering blocks i dont want it to lay frame just go as low as it is now and then do fbss and standing 3 wheel
Well, you're still gunna have to do the stuff I told you...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
need to notch it and reinforce the hell out of it to 3 wheel, weak frames, make sure you put the bridge in the back for your cylinders, good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I made 2 diagrams of what it should look like when you are done with it...

rear view of the back...

Front view of front driver's side suspension...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
looks pretty good T, what size rims will you be running 85gp, if you notch make sure to notch it enough to run bigger wheels(20s) so you can if you change your mind in the future

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone witha s10 with hydros post them up and what the install looks like

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i have mine posted in the s-10 topics on post your rides, it had 15s on it and it was white, i miss the hell out of that truck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts