LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got these pumps from a dude. His pops bought 61 impala back in the 70s and took out the juice. they have been sitting for 20+ years in a crate. i got the picture offline but pumps are identicle. are they worth using for a front back 2 dump 4 battery setup or am i wasting my time. can i find parts? the blocks are the same diameter of motor and tank and they have manual dump in the block any help please thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
:Dthese are called weinie gates or sidewinders some people also called them mediums not a afast pump will work but if anything breaks you gonna have a hell of a time finding parts theres a homie in san jo that knows these old pumps by # he stocks and refurbs all these parts:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Looks like some kinda weennie gate, they were usely low pressure and I think the motors would spin backwards also they seemed to draw more battery power.

IMO those pumps arnt worth the time unlessw your making a dump bed or going with some kinda oldschool settup, but the waterman is worth getting.

ONLY IF your going up and down and not going over 3000 psi, and that means that most pumps of today spike over that EZ.

·
Registered
178 Posts
thats a old fenner stone wennie gate with a short tank some of them came way depending on what tailgate they were being used on,they use to be on a lot of trucks before they went to the bigger tailgate, they work good with 4 batts they are a pump that builds pressure in stages i use to use them a lot in the 70`s and the 80`s i still have one with a pally`s hydraulics sticker on it, you can even do a little hopping with them you wont get a lot of inches but back then we use to hop and lay use 30 wt in them ,a lot of people do not know about these pumps because they were not use in cars i hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That setup would be dope rebuilt and posted in the trunk of a '40's-'50's chevy. Or even an era-correct ride. Just an idea.:420:

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
The one good thing about the waterman dump was,if you over locked your system (To long on the switch,to much built up pressure in the hoses to allow the dump to open) you could press down on the top (They have a little button or knob on the top) and release the pressure by hand,and not have to crack open the hose to relieve the pressure,and get oil,(or transmission fluid which is what was being used at the time this set up was being used) all over the trunk or you.Yessssss, those were the days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.