LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a wax buffer/polisher for christmas...I FUCKIN HATE IT!

i turn it on and it spits wax everywhere,theni put it down and it doesnt spread evenly....whatever i can deal with that,. i let it haze and put on the terry cloth now when i think the wax is coming up its just moving it. there are also little dots all over the hood now, ANY ONE HAVE TIPS FOR THESE THINGS THIS WaS mY FIRST TIME USING ONE, WASNT PLEASANT. thanks merry christmas

Last edited by BuThatsaCHRYSLER at Dec 25 2003, 02:35 PM

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Buffing is not the easiest thing to do it takes practice I have been buffing cars for about five years, the easiest way for me to buff is start in about on a quarter of the hood at a time do a square, there is many variables of buffing compound, scratches it really depends on what your trying to do, and also to cut back your wax from flying out everywhere use it in spots and place your buffer center on the dot then spread it. Hope this makes some sense its kind of hard to explain. And be carefull of edges they heat up fast and you can burn right through the paint. Good luck.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put the wax on the car then put the buffer to it? cause what i was told to do and have been doin is putting the wax on the buffer itself. what did you mean by the edges? you mean the sides of the buffer? its just a handheld $30 one from sears.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
yeah watch out for the edges...basically meaning corners or high spots of body panels...u can burn through these places really easy if ur not careful....place a small amount of material on desired area of car...take buffer and barely smear it around a lil before u actually start buffing it...always look at the car in direct sunlight when ur done buffing it...u will be able to see any dull spots and swirl marks easier that u may have missed...theres a book called kustom painting secrets...by john kosmoski...it has a good article on buffing in it... :biggrin:

Last edited by KingLewi at Dec 26 2003, 01:48 AM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts