LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas, I recently had an accident with one of my break lines going out on me and im trying to beef up my single reservoir master cylinder with one inlet to a duel one with 2 inlets but i have to install a break proportion valve and Im kinda lost on how to do this

I couldnt find an old school proportion valve from another car that usually has 5 ports so i bought a self adjusting proportion valve from "wilwood" but it also only has 2 ports the same as the new master i want to add but where do i get the second line to go to my new master and valve? since originally my master only had one line going into it.

From what I understand OG break proportion valves have 5 ports were all 4 lines from each wheel combine together into the valve and the 5th line connects into the master. On my car if i follow the single line from my master C it goes to a small block connecting 2 lines together (my front L and R i think) combining it into one line that goes into the og master with a single reservoir :dunno: could someone send me a pic of what there mod looks like under there hood?? im just all confused lol I'd appreciate it.. heres some pics of what im dealing with so u can kinda get a better understanding...
Maybe i bought the wrong kind of proportioning valve :confused:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had a disc conversion on my 64 (went back to drums to keep it original). The proportioning valve looked like this. As I recall, there was a second line added from the valve under the engine, following the original line and that either fed the rear or fed the right front.

Better yet, here are the instructions for Eckler's kit

http://www.lategreatchevy.com/assets/pdf/lategreat/563835,520118 TECH.pdf

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a disc conversion on my 64 (went back to drums to keep it original). The proportioning valve looked like this. As I recall, there was a second line added from the valve under the engine, following the original line and that either fed the rear or fed the right front.

Better yet, here are the instructions for Eckler's kit

http://www.lategreatchevy.com/assets/pdf/lategreat/563835,520118 TECH.pdf
Hey man thanks for the info very helpful i think i got it now i may have to return the adjusting proportion valve i got for that OG one tho looks better too :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts