LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Personally I lok at it like this. I ride firestones, and I can get them for about the same price as your paying. I have not had a problem yet with my bags and I ride at a high pressure all the time. I look at it like this, if I ever do blow a bag, its super cheap to buy a new one and replacing it is a simple job. Plus they ride good. I almost went with slams but a friend of mine who has had bagd rides before told me that as long as you mount them correctly so nothing is rubbing and all that, then your bags are gonna last a long time. Especially if you stay within its psi limits.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i have the slam bags in one of my trucks. personally, i think they are well worth the money. now you can get 3 different levels of each slam bag all according to air pressure. i have the lower pressure bags equal to a 2500 firestone, andthey are rated at 180psi. you could step them up to the same bag with a rating of 240 psi for the next bag up. that is on the 6 inch bag. if you want the equivalent to the 2600 that can take the 200psi or more, i would go with the 7inch ES model which can also take 240psi.

just my thoughts on the subject

also, i switched cause my firestones leaked too much around the seal and the slams are double sealed and havent leaked down in forever

·
Registered
62 Posts
you guys will give me shit for this but i will say it anyway. I use airbagit .com bags in most of my customers vehicles and have test data at 450psi for the 2600# and 551psi for the 2500# bags, we allso supply them with a liftime gaurantie against bursting and defects. so far we only have one of the old style bags blow its ass out but AIM does not sell them any more. So, cheap, good quallity and so far burst proof.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had airlifts, they were alright but they just cant take the abuse, firestones are good too but I have slams and I can't complain, they are a solid bag (not meaning they ride solid) and they just have a lot of things that set them apart from the rest i.e how many layers they have, how leak proof they are, and the most coolest thing is the internal bumpstop, you would be surprised how fucked up the insides of a bag gets when you dont have a internal bumpstop and you cut one open, i'll try to post pics but basically my airlifts were wearing from the inside out, hope this helps

·
Registered
115 Posts
sup, i've been reading and posting in other forums but this is my first here. i found this interesting and wanted an opinion myself. has anybody ever bagged a suburban in the back with either bag?? i was going to go with ride tech bags and valves just because i want to use their shock waves in the front. i didn't want to hack up the front and no one else seems to sell a bolt in kit. it is also my daily driver and i want a good ride and to lower it, not for hopping or anything else. well mybe towing a trailer with my mustang

1 - 11 of 11 Posts