LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i know its not hydraulic talk, but i really need some help. i have been trying to do some research forever and im having no luck.. i want to lower my 89 crown victoria ltd. It has 14 in. wire wheels and it would look badass if dropped 2 inches or so. I want to find springs that would fit it, at an affordable price.. if anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it. I really dont want to have to cut the springs i have now.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
about 1/2 to 1 turn off the front should do it. its easier to cut twice then get another set of coils and cut less. i dunno what you can do, theyre pigtailed on both ends.

·
Registered
942 Posts
HEAT THEM UP OR HAVE SOME OF YOUR HOMIES PUT WEIGHT ON THE FRONT END AND CHAIN THEM FUCKERS

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
put in 2'' drop spindles. shorter springs in the rear and change out your shocks for new ones

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
take em out or chain it...... :uh:

heating the rears is an option, its hard to get a controlled drop when youre heating coils. itll be fine as long as you take it easy. put blocks under the frame where you want the car to sit so it doesnt colapse farther than you want, heat up 1 section of the coil until the car sags enough to touch the blocks, thats it. also your stock shocks should be ok, i dont think they make drop shocks for your ride anyways and im pretty sure drop spindles arent made for it either.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dont be ghetto with chopping, heating or chaining springs. :uh:

Find out your spring dimensions (uncompressed length, full diameter, pigtail end diameter). I'm sure you'll find that your CV sping match closely with another car that has proper lowering springs available. Then just buy 2" drop springs from that car and they should fit your Ford...

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
for your ltd to get a nice drop in the front without the tires rubbing i would cut 2 full turns off the front and back for an even look....i did this with my first lincoln and it droped it hella nice....real low...heres a few pics..

the linc in the background wth cut springs..

my current lincoln... :biggrin:

Juice the LTD youll be happier!

:biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Originally posted by CrystalCutlass@Aug 26 2005, 08:04 PM~3700590
Dont be ghetto with chopping, heating or chaining springs.  :uh:

Find out your spring dimensions (uncompressed length, full diameter, pigtail end diameter). I'm sure you'll find that your CV sping match closely with another car that has proper lowering springs available. Then just buy 2" drop springs from that car and they should fit your Ford...

ill admit, chaining springs is ghetto, heating them is right there with it, but cutting? how is cutting a spring ghetto? and i know it changes the spring rate by cutting it. springs are cut all the time for hydros but thats not ghetto i guess. i guess 9 out of 10 juiced cars are ghetto? (actually they probally are, but im refering to the springs ;))

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
i dont care what anyone says, cutting springs is fine. I chopped plenty of stock springs in my day and most of them you couldn't even tell the difference in ride quality, as long as your shocks reach fine and you get that sucker aligned. 2" drop on that carI dunno,but I would do more than 1 coil to start.maybe just half a coil to start.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
cut out the lower a arm spring pocket . and lower that 2''

1 - 12 of 12 Posts