LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i really need some help. i have been trying to do some research forever and im having no luck.. i want to lower my 89 crown victoria ltd. It has 14 in. wire wheels and it would look badass if dropped 2 inches or so. I want to find springs that would fit it, at an affordable price.. if anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it. I really dont want to have to cut the springs i have now.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by samcky2k@Aug 25 2005, 09:28 PM~3694501
Hey guys, i really need some help. i have been trying to do some research forever and im having no luck.. i want to lower my 89 crown victoria ltd. It has 14 in. wire wheels and it would look badass if dropped 2 inches or so. I want to find springs that would fit it, at an affordable price.. if anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it. I really dont want to have to cut the springs i have now.
wrong place to post,Just cut the springs,I dont know of anycompany that carries lowering springs for that car? or you could just juice it :biggrin:

·
Banned
29,665 Posts
DONT HEAT EM CUT EM.. SOMETIMES WHEN YOU HEAT EM YOU HEAT THEM TOO MUCH AND YOUR CAR WILL BE TOO LOW

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by KustomImage@Aug 26 2005, 02:16 PM~3698427
heat the springs or just cut em
dont heat them! they will loose there strength,and it would be hard to get all 4 even.Also it will ride like shit

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Originally posted by show-bound@Aug 27 2005, 04:03 AM~3702047
get another fucking car...a fucking ltd..what the fuck!
man don't hate...if done up right they could look bad-ass!!!

yo, just cut the springs man...go one turn at-a time to see how low you want to go...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
No the clamps break..........cutting them will give you a stiff ride.......

I like heating them, but it isn't as easy as taking a torch to them, you have to know how to heat them right, and even, and how to cool them so they don't loos that much stincle streangth(sp?) ..........check out any local shops who have good spring heating experiance.

Also check the diametor of the top and bottom of the spring.......you may be able to use lowering springs form say a...mid 80's caprice or regal .........I know for a fact the JCWhitney affored 2" lowering springs for those 2 cars befor.......you may get the item number for them just by calling them up.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts