LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all im getting is click click click, i have brand new solenoids (3 to each pump) and 6 batterys to the rear. thats all im trying to get working right now cuz i need to go pick up a hose for the front, can some one tell me why im only gettign a click click click. help plz

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Test the motor w/ cable to make sure the motor is good.
Tap all the batteries to make sure one or more is not dead.
Make sure all the solenoids are getting good ground to the frame and are hooked up correctly.
Make sure that the battery cables are connected.
Make sure you power wire for the switch is on the + of second battery.

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my rack was painting along with the trunk, you think i should sand down the points where the solenoids make contact?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by kerrbss@Jul 29 2005, 10:37 AM
my rack was painting along with the trunk,  you think i should sand down the points where the solenoids make contact?
[snapback]3504416[/snapback]​
Definately. make sure you're getting metal to metal contact.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Jul 29 2005, 10:45 AM
could be a dead solenoid in a bank..  even tho they're new,  it does happen from time to time  :(

PROLLY a ground or wire like LAC said
[snapback]3504501[/snapback]​
:thumbsup: Piece of shit Ford parts. When I put my setup back in, I'm going to use these $20 solenoids that I had in my hopper. I had the same solenoids for 4 years and when I sold the setup they were still good. The probable still working right now.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by ipod700@Jul 29 2005, 10:48 AM
make sure your slow down vavle isn't closed all the way
[snapback]3504524[/snapback]​
I don't wanna be a dick, but why would the slow down keep a car from lifting?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Jul 29 2005, 12:51 PM
I don't wanna be a dick, but why would the slow down keep a car from lifting?
[snapback]3504554[/snapback]​
i was wondering about that to

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im i took a break, but i sanded one side where the solenoids are mounting, jus one other ? in the engine compartment shouldnt i have a ground cable from the battery to the frame of the car?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by kerrbss@Jul 29 2005, 11:08 AM
well im i took a break,  but i sanded one side where the solenoids are mounting,  jus one other ? in the engine compartment shouldnt i have a ground cable from the battery to the frame of the car?
[snapback]3504716[/snapback]​
If you bolt that cable from the battery to the frame you're gonna have a problem when a switch or solenoid sticks. You need a quick disconnect between the negative on first battery and frame of car.
Why are you messing with the battery under the hood?

·
למה אני &#1506
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no no no, you mis understood me, i do have a quick dissconnect under the seat, see i just recently put the car back together after 3 years of a frame off build, im just seeing if im missing a cable or something from under the hood.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
you need to check the motor while your out there to limit the problem possiblitlies<---to many "i's" i know

from the first battery, ground it and take a ju8mper cable from the + of that first battery and touch it to the last pole of the solenoids ( where the cable runs straight to the motor ) if nothing happons, your motor is bad, if it lifts, you are now focussing on the solenoids.

fuck i cant spell for shit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts