LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to either replace this paneling on the side that is peeling off or some type of glue to hold it on (where can I find it ???)

Last edited by 87cutlass at Aug 10 2003, 03:30 PM

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
yeah we used it at a shop i worked at but if you don't wanna you can just go to your local automotive paint supply store or i think wal mart will have this stuff called car molding glue..............

i think that is what it is called or car trim glue.........you'll see........

but silicone does work pretty good...........

·
Registered
107 Posts
Most are attached by double sticky tape (more like it is foam). I have seen cars with silicone used, but it usually doesn't stay long at high speeds. You could try a urelane (spelling sorry) glue, like winshield and molding glue. Clean under it good and apply... Use masking tape to hold it down till it dries.

But, the best way would be to get the double sided sticky tape and reattach it.

·
Registered
18,607 Posts
the ones i took off of my cutty where screwed in .... then the actual rubber piece covered the whole.....there gone now though....and the wholes are patched up....hahaahah getting new paint job pretty soon..

·
Registered
456 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Aug 12 2003, 01:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Aug 12 2003, 01:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--87cutlass@Aug 10 2003, 03:30 PM
Im looking to either replace this paneling on the side that is peeling off or some type of glue to hold it on (where  can I find it ???)

take it off.[/b][/quote]
shave that shit off :cool:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by reprezentin_213+Aug 12 2003, 10:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (reprezentin_213 @ Aug 12 2003, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Crazy [email protected] 12 2003, 01:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--87cutlass
@Aug 10 2003, 03:30 PM
Im looking to either replace this paneling on the side that is peeling off or some type of glue to hold it on (where  can I find it ???)

take it off.
shave that shit off :cool:[/b][/quote]
exactly---they don't look too good w/ them on anyway---i have them on my 78 cutlass but it is just stock w/ rims --but when i get ready to paint it those are the first things to go------ :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts