LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what my frame looks like on my 82 coupe deville.
obviously, it looks like shit and i need to fix it up. problems is that i dont have the room or anything to take the body off the frame and i dont have all the tools that i may need. but please tell me what youd do it so i can see if i can.

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Ouch! Um without takin the body off the frame, id sand/grind off as much rust as possible, get it smooth as possible. Spray it with POR 15 (rust inhibiter), in your case a couple coats. Put some straping on it so it dont fall apart too! You could lift the body up and do the top of the frame, just set it on some horsestands right over your frame, wont take up but another 2 feet of taller space.

·
Registered
300 Posts
what does the rest of the car look like around here if the frame is that bad the rest of the car looks like a rust ball, it also looks like your floor is pretty bad

Last edited by hopn78regal at Nov 30 2003, 04:02 PM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Why cant you blast it??? If you cant then you could always bring it to a place where they can do it for a good price.... Im sure you dont need it completely stripped, just a good blast..... If you cant do that then, get your angle grinders out & get 4 of them heavy duty wire brush cups at Menards for $5 each ..... get the angled one & the flat one.......& THEN HAVE AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then paint it with "Industrial rustoleum" if you cant afford the POR-15.... It costs about $20 per gallon & is some tuff shit... the POR is good too but , it costs like $100 a gallon or so ????????

·
Registered
807 Posts
if you wire wheel that, you might want to get one of those face masks so you dont inhale all the dust.
it looks like the car has been sitting for a while, in some grass by a highway up north.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by liquid_202mo@Dec 2 2003, 03:28 AM
if you wire wheel that, you might want to get one of those face masks so you dont inhale all the dust.
it looks like the car has been sitting for a while, in some grass by a highway up north.
yes a mask so u dont inhale the dust, and also a mask with a big platsic shield to cover ur face, cuz those wires off the wire wheels will fly off and hit u in the face.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Originally posted by Kartoon+Dec 1 2003, 05:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kartoon @ Dec 1 2003, 05:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Dylante63@Dec 1 2003, 02:07 AM
sand blast it!!
but i cant... thats the problem[/b][/quote]
go to a place where they do media blasting....its pretty cheap!...and you can leave every thing in place...

It wont do a super good job...but it will be decent....and as for taking your frame appart from the body.....theres always a way! ;)

trust me, you dont need alot of space...shit you dont even need a garage!

just unbolt the body...take the wireing of the firewall(identify it!)...unplug the steering culum...and raise that sucker up you would need only 2 feet max!

some concret blocks and 2 steel I-beams... ;)

AH! THE GHETTO WAY!!! :biggrin: and it works fine!

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
Originally posted by Dylante63@Dec 1 2003, 01:07 AM
sand blast it!!
this isnt something you really wanna half ass...thats more than just "surface rust"...if you cant take the body off, take off the wheels put the car on stands and blast what you can! I wire brush or wheel isnt gonna cut it for that

·
Registered
343 Posts
blasting is the only way you will get into the pits, all a wire wheel will do is make dust and a mess

Last edited by old_school_48 at Dec 2 2003, 10:05 PM

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by Kartoon@Nov 30 2003, 12:15 PM
this is what my frame looks like on my 82 coupe deville.
obviously, it looks like shit and i need to fix it up. problems is that i dont have the room or anything to take the body off the frame and i dont have all the tools that i may need. but please tell me what youd do it so i can see if i can.

[snapback]1349659[/snapback]​
drive it down here... ill help you pull the car apart to do it the right way....... ;)

(i cant see the picture..)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts