LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my revell grand national model.. im about to get some wires and paint for it.. i need to know how i can make my grill look chrome.. (its solid) and i also need to know do the hoppin hydro's chassis's fit under the gbodys? and how do i tint the windows.. not paint them solid..

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
wassup mayn, let's see if I can help ya...

1) the grill- you are gonna have to at least put some Bare Metal foil on that. A Regal will need some on those bumpers too. To make it more realistic you could carefully grind thru the back side until you see thru. It's been a while since I've messed w/ this kit so it may be too easy to bust thru. Or you could always just cut it out & add a custom one using some thin stryene strips or a photo etch grill from someone like Model Car Garage. I think you could fit one of them old Ford grilles in there w/o phukkin it up mayn.

2) hoppin hydros chassis- I dunno. I'd probably suggest making ur own. I had a biatch tryin to make one of one of em 86 MC's though

3) tint- Have you tried using strips of film from like a 35mm roll? That works pretty good mayn.

Let me know if this helps mayn: PEACE...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help man.. i'll be trying that out.. you know anything about spray chrome?

i've been told it looks like shit.. but the pieces that came chromed w/ the model were sprayed.. hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any body got any pics of this completed? not nessecarily a regal.. any car that had the chrome technique he mentioned

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Here's a photo of a grill that I foiled and painted with Tamaya clear yellow. And after I painted the foil I cut the foil with an exacto knife to better form the grill bars.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
The chrome on the tree isn't sprayed on like you think. Also bare metal foil will come out way better than the chrome in a can.

And i'll have a set of chrome plated bumpers in a week or two, if you want them.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
The chrome on the tree isn't sprayed on like you think. Also bare metal foil will come out way better than the chrome in a can.

And i'll have a set of chrome plated bumpers in a week or two, if you want them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It'd just be way too fukk'n cool, if one of these days you could buy some kinda kit ( like say, under 200 bucks, or so), where you could put a chrome finish on just like the factory !.... now THAT would be the shit !!

I know, I know,... probably no way in hell, it'll ever happen (damnit !) ... and yeah, I know, if ya had enough cake to spend, you could buy all the equipment to do it now. But I'm talkin about the everyday, poor bastard!

Wonder how much all of that shit Would be?... to have the stuff like ChromeTech,or somebody, who does it as a business .... any idea ?

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
theres a company that sell the chrome plater for 28 dollars... and the chrome solutions 10 dollars... for like 8 oz. when ever i finish my real car...ima start on the models again then ill order that kit...

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Nov 29 2003, 12:56 PM
theres a company that sell the chrome plater for 28 dollars... and the chrome solutions 10 dollars... for like 8 oz. when ever i finish my real car...ima start on the models again then ill order that kit...
thats the one that is like a big heroin spoon and some roach clips rigged up to a power adapter one right?
i looked at those a couple of times but im still real sketchy on that setup.
if you get it make sure you let us know how it does ok man :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts