LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i drove my ride to another city for a show there are two hills you have to take to get there. The first one coming back is a big mother fucker and the other isn't so big but is a steeper grade. I went down there thinking my ride would not make it home but i was gonna try. Coming home i took the big hilled floored 45 the whole way(made it tho), the cruised thru the valley and then took the second hill 25 the whole way over, then i got into town and cruised home. I was so proud my car made it. So i go thru town toward my apartments when i got to my street i hit a three wheel onto it and when i came down from the three my car died and i coasted right into my driveway. The car then wouldn't start... I let it sit for about 4 hours and went back and it started right up...I didn't check the fluids even though i should have,I didn't touch it for about 3 days, then i got in and drove it to the car wash which was only maybe 1 mile away. When i went to leave the car wash she wouldn't start at all, not even when i let her sit, then i noticed that i wasjust about completely out of coolant!! I had some in the car so i filled her up and drove home. I havn't drove the ride for about 2 weeks now, i just now went out and checked inside the radiator the coolant is all the way up to the cap and there was still coolant in the bottle... So what could be happening here? I figured coming back from that show the car kind of overheated and coolant/water just evaportated and therefore i was low on fluid... But my mechanic said that that wouldn't happen and that i have to have a leak somewhere?!?!?

If someone can help can they maybe tell me whats wrong!?!?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Sounds like you have 2 problems.

1. Coolant loss.
2. No crank when hot.

Replace the starter solenoid for the no crank. Even if it doesn't happen after you added coolant, it will down the road as it wears more. You can fix it for free, but that info will co$t you :biggrin:

For the coolant loss, you need to do a visual and see if you see traces of coolant leaking from the engine, radiator, water pump, etc.... If you have gauges and it didn't show overheating, then it didn't overheat. You are just loosing coolant.

Sounds like Gravy to me (simple)... :cool:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have 2 problems.

1. Coolant loss.
2. No crank when hot.

Replace the starter solenoid for the no crank. Even if it doesn't happen after you added coolant, it will down the road as it wears more. You can fix it for free, but that info will co$t you biggrin.gif

For the coolant loss, you need to do a visual and see if you see traces of coolant leaking from the engine, radiator, water pump, etc.... If you have gauges and it didn't show overheating, then it didn't overheat. You are just loosing coolant.

Sounds like Gravy to me (simple)... cool.gif
thanks joe.

I unfortunately i don't have gauges i just have the fuckin dummy lights. But i didn't see any of them come on?? so i guess it didn't overheat still.

But i will get out there a do a visual. thanks

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
gauges are good but if theres no coolant by the sensor the gauge will read cold and your dummy lights wont work because theres nothing hot touching it(no fluid in car=nothing to get hot and hit sensor)-could be as simple as a hose clamp a lil loose or even a bad radiator cap-try simple first-also see if anything is dripping or seeping from water neck on manifold and water pump gaskets ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts