LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dream has come true, I got my first lowrider. Problem is the original Schwinn stingray seat KILLS my scrawny upper thighs and butt. I rode it for about 20 minutes today and now I can't sit on it cuz it hurts way too much! Whats the most padded seat I could find? A google search for "padded banana seat" shows surprisingly little.

If nothing exists, does anyone know anyone who could do it custom? I don't want the bike I got to be merely a showpiece, its way fun riding it.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Don't think anything like that is readily available. Sounds like you're gonna have to have an upholsterer custom build one for you.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Gaby: Take off the top cover of your banana seat and add a 1-2 inch piece of foam cut to fit ... now pull the top till you can reach the bottom or something like that :D j/k get it re-upholstered with thicker foam it's not as difficult as it sounds and you'd be suprised how comfy it can be

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Awesome. For a bike of this caliber I'll leave it up to those who know what theyre doing! Gonna search for an upholsterer tomorrow. Figure they won't be able to use the original seat, nor would I want to hack it up, so I think I'll mount it on my wall as an art piece and go with a new seat cover entirely. Since the bike is maroonish red, I think a light tan leather would pop well. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I got a quote from a sick auto upholsterer, $125 if I do all the prep work (rip old cover off, shape and apply the foam and provide the leather). Will post pics in about a month when its all done!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I thought seats all done ran for that much ?

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i do seats between 25 to 75 bucks

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
did these

1 - 14 of 14 Posts