LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
just bury them in more clear...

and another thing i dont wanna add flakes to the base. i want as much flash as possible. so i dont want the flakes in paint. the base is just going to be the same color as the flake in case you see though the flake. i dont want to have a black base that will darken it.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
spray the flake in hok sg100 or like you said, build up the clear. learn from my mistake though, under reduce the clear. the clear i used was 2-1-1 and i put 5 coats of clear and that shit was still rough! but i used 1/64 silver under kandy oriental blue.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
uh when i did my frame i used a whole jar of hok flakes, 1 gallon of clear on just the frame, i added bout 2-3 tablespoons of flakes in bout half of a quart of clear(i dont like to fill up the paint gun cup) and i used a whole gallon of clear(not all with flakes, only bout 1/2 gallon of clear with flakes.) and it came out looking like a bass boat, and i had a matching base color as well. but dont know if that helped u i doubt it did but i just thought i'd share that.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by DroptLinkin@Nov 27 2003, 10:21 PM
pretty much what u did to your frame is what i wanna do to the whole car ;)
yea came out clean unfortunalty i dident prep the frame right and the paint eaisly chipped, but im already stripping the old paint and getting ready to redo it, this time i got the frame looking good, its got the polished look.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts