LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cross member under the door of my model is lower than the floor of the interior and looks crappy like that. what can I do to make the floor even with the cross member?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Aug 31 2003, 06:21 PM
"crossmember" under your door? are you talking about the frame or what?

could body-drop it i suppose :dunno:
im not sure what it is called it is the part of the body under the door. it is lower than the interior so there is a gap between the body and the floor. it looks really crappy

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
sort of a step then, i think I know what you're talking about. Guess you could put in some plastic to fill the space, it's not suppposed to be flush. That's one of the bummers of opening doors, that's why I don't do it yet, too much trouble to fill the door jambs and stuff.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by lukedogg@Sep 1 2003, 09:31 AM
im not sure what it is called it is the part of the body under the door.
ohh ok, that's the "rocker panel" for future refferance bro ;)
the crossmember is the part of the frame that runs across under the engine in between the front wheels.
just thought i'd help you out even more by letting ya know that bonus info. lol

the cross member under the door of my model is lower than the floor of the interior and looks crappy like that.
i'm still trying to figure out what you mean though, i think you are saying that the body itself comes down past the underside of the floorpan?
if that is what you mean, that is how a real car is too. but if that is bothering you enough that you want to do away with it you'd probably have to cut the bottom of the body off :dunno:
but if you do that then talk about it looking like hell. lol

hope it doesnt seem like i'm being a dick or anything, i'm not being one. i'm just trying to figure out exactly what you are needing so i or someone else can help you out and get you back to progress.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Sep 1 2003, 11:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Sep 1 2003, 11:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lukedogg@Sep 1 2003, 09:31 AM
im not sure what it is called it is the part of the body under the door.
ohh ok, that's the "rocker panel" for future refferance bro ;)
the crossmember is the part of the frame that runs across under the engine in between the front wheels.
just thought i'd help you out even more by letting ya know that bonus info. lol

the cross member under the door of my model is lower than the floor of the interior and looks crappy like that.
i'm still trying to figure out what you mean though, i think you are saying that the body itself comes down past the underside of the floorpan?
if that is what you mean, that is how a real car is too. but if that is bothering you enough that you want to do away with it you'd probably have to cut the bottom of the body off :dunno:
but if you do that then talk about it looking like hell. lol

hope it doesnt seem like i'm being a dick or anything, i'm not being one. i'm just trying to figure out exactly what you are needing so i or someone else can help you out and get you back to progress.

:thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
ill try to take pics so you can see what i mean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts