LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built two chrome pumps to throw in my trunk, and one is a red's double top. the problem is my car won't dump down. I've tried switching out the dump solenoids and the dump cartridges, but it still won't dump. does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my car to dump?

Holla

:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by 4UHater$@Jan 12 2004, 12:27 PM
I just built two chrome pumps to throw in my trunk, and one is a red's double top. the problem is my car won't dump down. I've tried switching out the dump solenoids and the dump cartridges, but it still won't dump. does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my car to dump?

Holla

first, check and make sure that the slowdown is open, then make sure that you have 24 volts going to your switches... and if by some chance you have overlocked the pump, crack one of the lines loose at the cylinder and then try it...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, already tried all that and it still won't dump. I'm starting to think that the dumps inside the block are bad, and I'm about ready to just switch the whole thing out again. I was just trying to see if anyone had any other ideas about what to do.

Holla

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, tried cracking the hoses, didn't work. Pulled the solenoids off the shafts and no clicking. However the ground is good. so now I'm guessing that the solenoids are bad. the only thing is when we pulled them of my homeboys truck they worked fine.

Holla

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
well if they aren't clicking off the shaft then don't worry about tearing down your system...

You have an electrical problem...

probally a ground if you say its good then no power to your dump or the solenoid is burnt out...

Try this..

Take one wire from the dump and ground it

take the other wire and tap it against your 24volt post on your battaery bank... It should click..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried that and didn't hear a click. tried it on a couple of other solenoids and still didn't hear a click. I'm thinking about just getting rid of the double top pump and going back to what I'm used to.

Holla

:angry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts