LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
i feel your pain and hopefully i can assist you seeing as though i had this problem when i was an airbrush virgin ;) .

the "tail" of your airbrush should unscrew, do that and take it off. and then you should see that rod that sticks out. there should be like a little metal cap on the end of the rod. you should unscrew that.

after you have taken the little "cap" of you should be able to slide that rod back and forth. that rod is what is being pulled on when you pull the trigger back to spray. so to get more paint to come out, you need to adjust the rod by pulling the rod out more. to reduce the amount of paint being sprayed push the rod in more. and you can only shange those two setting by taking off the back.

also on a side note while im at it. make sure to always always keep your airbrush clean. after you are done spraying you should always run like 1-2 bottles of thinner (by bottles i mean the cup shown in your pic) this will make sure your airbrush will not get clogged. that may be your problem, you airbrush is clogged, if its clogged shoot strate thinner through. do so for about 4-5 jars.

it is to your benifit that you grasp the idea of changing the settings on your brush. the better you know how it works the better IT will work

im not sure if your airbrush works exactly the same as mine but ive used paasche and badger and they both work like that. so if you didnt understand a part in my explanation jus ask me again wut you didnt understand so i can clear it up.. i jus rushed and wrote this because no one helped me when i was trying to get my brush workin...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by himae15@Oct 1 2003, 11:11 PM
i feel your pain and hopefully i can assist you seeing as though i had this problem when i was an airbrush virgin ;) .

the "tail" of your airbrush should unscrew, do that and take it off. and then you should see that rod that sticks out. there should be like a little metal cap on the end of the rod. you should unscrew that.

after you have taken the little "cap" of you should be able to slide that rod back and forth. that rod is what is being pulled on when you pull the trigger back to spray. so to get more paint to come out, you need to adjust the rod by pulling the rod out more. to reduce the amount of paint being sprayed push the rod in more. and you can only shange those two setting by taking off the back.

also on a side note while im at it. make sure to always always keep your airbrush clean. after you are done spraying you should always run like 1-2 bottles of thinner (by bottles i mean the cup shown in your pic) this will make sure your airbrush will not get clogged. that may be your problem, you airbrush is clogged, if its clogged shoot strate thinner through. do so for about 4-5 jars.

it is to your benifit that you grasp the idea of changing the settings on your brush. the better you know how it works the better IT will work

im not sure if your airbrush works exactly the same as mine but ive used paasche and badger and they both work like that. so if you didnt understand a part in my explanation jus ask me again wut you didnt understand so i can clear it up.. i jus rushed and wrote this because no one helped me when i was trying to get my brush workin...
I dont hink the tail unscrews on mine

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by lukedogg+Oct 2 2003, 08:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lukedogg @ Oct 2 2003, 08:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--himae15@Oct 1 2003, 11:11 PM

im not sure if your airbrush works exactly the same as mine but ive used paasche and badger and they both work like that.  so if you didnt understand a part in my explanation jus ask me again wut you didnt understand so i can clear it up.. i jus rushed and wrote this because no one helped me when i was trying to get my brush workin...
I dont hink the tail unscrews on mine[/b][/quote]
could be just a tight fit , like just pushes in really tight

·
Registered
198 Posts
The back end of your air brush does not unscrew. You have an external airbrush. That means the paint and air mix outside, kinda like blowing over the top of the paint jar, and the air lifts the paint out of it.

Can you feel any air coming out of your airbrush? What are you using for air? If you are using a compressor, you should be able to get paint out of it with about 15 pounds of pressure.

There should be an adjustment on the jar, or the nozzle of the jar, screw it one way and the spray pattern will be thin, screw it the other way, and the spray pattern will be wide.

Make sure your paint is thin enough. I usually spray Testors paint and thin it about 50/50 with Lacquer thinner.

Also make sure the nozzle and the hose in the jar are clear of any obstructions. Run a wire, or pipe cleaner through them.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by modiol@Oct 2 2003, 07:49 AM
The back end of your air brush does not unscrew. You have an external airbrush. That means the paint and air mix outside, kinda like blowing over the top of the paint jar, and the air lifts the paint out of it.

Can you feel any air coming out of your airbrush? What are you using for air? If you are using a compressor, you should be able to get paint out of it with about 15 pounds of pressure.

There should be an adjustment on the jar, or the nozzle of the jar, screw it one way and the spray pattern will be thin, screw it the other way, and the spray pattern will be wide.

Make sure your paint is thin enough. I usually spray Testors paint and thin it about 50/50 with Lacquer thinner.

Also make sure the nozzle and the hose in the jar are clear of any obstructions. Run a wire, or pipe cleaner through them.
what he said, also a hent, take the paint bottle and screw it all the way tight and trun it back like just a little and hold it there for about a 1 min it sould start spraying out ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
had one of those airbrushes before--honestly there garbage. You have to break apart the whole gun. You probably have some dried up paint clogged in the upper part where the clear hose attaches to. Break it apart and use a sewing needle and try to scrap any paint residue out. Dont use any thinner on that brush, it will eat up all the plastic. That brush is really meant for just water based paints.

·
Registered
80 Posts
my bad im not really familiar with that type of airbrush...i would recomend a paasche brush. good airbrushes and ive found it reall easy to find parts for it

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by modiol@Oct 2 2003, 08:49 AM

I am using testors air brush propellant

1 - 10 of 10 Posts