LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I need all the sensors that the regals engine has or could I cut them off and just keep the starter cables and the distributor cables and would the th 200 tranny would bolt on to the 350 engine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by triplesj408@Jul 28 2005, 09:27 PM
I was wondering if I need all the sensors that the regals engine has or could I cut them off and just keep the starter cables and the distributor cables and would the th 200 tranny would bolt on to the 350 engine
[snapback]3500500[/snapback]​
just keep the alternator, started, distributor and battery cables and everything else u wanna keep like water colant sensor and all the other shit u wanna keep.


and the 200 should bolt on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
i think a monte could work out but i dunno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,053 Posts
Originally posted by triplesj408@Jul 29 2005, 02:13 AM
I have one more question from what car should I use the motor mouts to put the 350 in the regal
[snapback]3502387[/snapback]​
Any G body with chevy motors - 5.0/5.7/4.3 etc. 78-88 Grand Prix El Caminos & Monte Carlos

Does your 200 trans have overdrive or no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Eighty Six@Jul 29 2005, 04:05 AM
Any G body with chevy motors - 5.0/5.7/4.3 etc. 78-88 Grand Prix El Caminos & Monte Carlos

Does your 200 trans have overdrive or no?
[snapback]3502616[/snapback]​
THE TRANNYS SHOULD FIT THO CUZ THEY HAVE A CHEVY BOLT PATTERN

WELL MY THM2OOC DOES UNLESS HES GOT THE OTHER ONE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Some people in here are confused and obviously have never done an engine swap ON THEIR OWN.

First, he never stated what engine was in the regal before (Buick 3.8L or Olds 307) Both of which are BOP bolt patterns so NO the trans will NOT bolt to a 350 CHEVY unless its a mulit-bolt pattern transmission.

Second, the starter would be different depending which engine he had before.

Third, the alternator MAY be different clocking depending on the brackets (if you don't understand offset clocking don't respond!) and may require the clocking to be moved or a completely different alternator.

Fourth, the battery will be on the passenger side of a CHevy so you'll have to move the batt box if its on the driver's side now.
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
I've been getting into too many arguments regarding incomplete questions and answers on here lately, so I kept my mouth shut about the stock drivetrain. But I still wonder if a 200 tranny could handle even a stock 350. I would try to find a 350 and TH350 or TH700R4 to swap in complete. You could probably find the driveshaft from a Monte to make the job complete.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Jul 29 2005, 08:08 AM
Some people in here are confused and obviously have never done an engine swap ON THEIR OWN.

First, he never stated what engine was in the regal before (Buick 3.8L or Olds 307) Both of which are BOP bolt patterns so NO the trans will NOT bolt to a 350 CHEVY unless its a mulit-bolt pattern transmission.

Second, the starter would be different depending which engine he had before.

Third, the alternator MAY be different clocking depending on the brackets (if you don't understand offset clocking don't respond!) and may require the clocking to be moved or a completely different alternator.

Fourth, the battery will be on the passenger side of a CHevy so you'll have to move the batt box if its on the driver's side now.
[snapback]3503034[/snapback]​

I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT U THINK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,053 Posts
A 200C cant take a 350 but a rebuilt 2004r can. Triple, look at the trans pan then google th2004r identification (or something like that) to figure out if thats what you got

and go here-- http://tech.oldsgmail.com/trans_bp.html
and here -- http://www.2004r.com

If its a 200c junk it when you do the swap, if its a 2004r it could be either a dual pattern or a bop only. If its dual and most 2004rs are, then a Chevy motor will bolt up to it without an adapter plate but it needs to be rebuilt (with performance parts) to handle a decent 350. It will help you get better gas mileage than a th350 or th400 trans and wont wind up your engine as much at 65mph+ Let the trans shop set it up when you put it in with the 350 unless you know what youre doing -- tv cable & lockup harness etc


I know about them because its probably what Im going to do
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top