LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommorow I m going to install my front cylinders but I dont know what is the easiest way to remove the front springs. It looks dangerous any replys will be appreciated. ;) :cheesy: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,447 Posts
jack up your ride high enough, place it on jack stands and put the jack under the lower control arm to compress the spring a lil bit. Loosen the nut on the bottom control arm while the jack is still in place. Slowly let the jack down (when you first jack up your ride, make sure its high enough for the lower control arm to swing all the way down for the spring to come out). ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC@Nov 8 2003, 01:13 AM
jack up your ride high enough, place it on jack stands and put the jack under the lower control arm to compress the spring a lil bit. Loosen the nut on the bottom control arm while the jack is still in place. Slowly let the jack down (when you first jack up your ride, make sure its high enough for the lower control arm to swing all the way down for the spring to come out). ;)
So is not that hard. :cheesy:
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC@Nov 8 2003, 12:13 AM
jack up your ride high enough, place it on jack stands and put the jack under the lower control arm to compress the spring a lil bit. Loosen the nut on the bottom control arm while the jack is still in place. Slowly let the jack down (when you first jack up your ride, make sure its high enough for the lower control arm to swing all the way down for the spring to come out). ;)
;) yup!
 

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Nov 7 2003, 10:04 PM
Tommorow I m going to install my front cylinders but I dont know what is the easiest way to remove the front springs. It looks dangerous any replys will be appreciated. ;)  :cheesy:  :cool:
Are hydraulics already installed?

If not, torch them out. I love it when they smack against the frame on the way out.

Tricky but fast. :biggrin:
BROWN SOCIETY CC is right, I missed reading that for some odd reason.

Another way (and real safe) is to use a floor jack and big hammer. What you do is undo the lower ball joint to spinal and then let the jack down, real safe. If the coil gets stuck, just kick it with your boot, no problem. It will pop a little, but it's cool.

ADDED: Just be sure to raise the car up high enough to allow the a-arm to swing down and out toward the engine as much as possible. I never got hurt when I had to pop the coil out, but anything is possible. Use like a crow bar to pop it if you need to, just try not to be in front of it when you do.

You could always wrap some chain around the coil to be extra safe, But if I used chain, it would be to yank that coil out with.



Last edited by Hydros at Nov 9 2003, 12:06 AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,054 Posts
damn when i installed my cylindersand had to take my springs out 3 a few years back i didnt even think of undoing the lower ball joint, i undid the top one and didnt have a spring compressor so i used an angle grinder to cut the spring and when i cut throughalot of pressure was released and when i pulled the grinder out i cut my knee with the gringer and had to go get stitches :uh: lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by lowcaddy87@Nov 9 2003, 02:14 PM
damn when i installed my cylindersand had to take my springs out 3 a few years back i didnt even think of undoing the lower ball joint, i undid the top one and didnt have a spring compressor so i used an angle grinder to cut the spring and when i cut throughalot of pressure was released and when i pulled the grinder out i cut my knee with the gringer and had to go get stitches :uh: lol
ok tim taylor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by lowcaddy87@Nov 9 2003, 08:14 AM
damn when i installed my cylindersand had to take my springs out 3 a few years back i didnt even think of undoing the lower ball joint, i undid the top one and didnt have a spring compressor so i used an angle grinder to cut the spring and when i cut throughalot of pressure was released and when i pulled the grinder out i cut my knee with the gringer and had to go get stitches :uh: lol
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats the funniest shit ever! Damn Jay, how many stitches did it take to close up your install? lol...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top