LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
id say the easiest way would be to take screws out and start pulling on the dash...where it is stuck at, it is either a screw or it is a clip or something stuck....but look at it this way, if you get it in....you dont have to worry about hooligans breakin into to ur car to tear your dash apart and steal your shyt

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
first check and see if its connected to the system bus. I believe it is.

If thats the case, you need some more shit before you un intall it, or your door dingers wont work right. In some cars, the fuckin car wont start if you remove the radio because it is all part of a system.

I'd meet you half way on the amp if you shout at me a offer

cya

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
THe easiest way to figure out if your radio is tied to a system bus is by disconnecting everyhting from behine the stereo, and then starting the car, and take careful not if anyhting DOES NOT turn on or work correctly.

You could also call the dealership, but they are usually asses.

It should be alright, but dont cut any wires. If it is connected to the system BUS, then you can get add on modules that go by the radio and connect to the new harness, they run like 20-40$ and they override certain things on the system bus.

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
man, new cars are so complicated, we even had a little trouble dealing with my 97 cougar :uh:

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
If your radio has 2 small holes on each side of the face, then that is your problem... You will need to buy a removal tool or make one yourself...

·
Registered
998 Posts
i have never paid to have my radios changed, if i did, i'd get laughed off the block.. just examine it, take a look at your dash, find the screws, and take them out, give a slight pull.. figure out where its catching, and look for another screw, if you dont find one, its a clip, figure out how the clip is in there, and pull to remove it, just remember, some cars are bitches about getting it out, 94 s-dime, take the whole fuckin dash apart, guages and all.. but you gotta do what you gotta do right?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by kdub@Nov 5 2003, 04:41 AM
i have never paid to have my radios changed, if i did, i'd get laughed off the block.. just examine it, take a look at your dash, find the screws, and take them out, give a slight pull.. figure out where its catching, and look for another screw, if you dont find one, its a clip, figure out how the clip is in there, and pull to remove it, just remember, some cars are bitches about getting it out, 94 s-dime, take the whole fuckin dash apart, guages and all.. but you gotta do what you gotta do right?
Its not the removal thats the rpoblem.

And fuckin goof can remove a stereo, from any car with basic tools. Its the problems its going to cause later on, like nothing in your ride fuckin working LoL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts