LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just picked up a set of 15" knockoof center golds on vogues, the guy swears there real daytons. how do i tell?

the adapter and knockoffs say dayton and the knockoff has a dayton 24k gold sticker in them

theres no stamp on the rim or hub but on the back of the hub it has a few #'s stamped

the golg from the knockoffs and the spokes match perfectly

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think ill have to check tommorrow i dont have a diggi cam

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nipple are all the same direction

i went out and looked at my chrome one's 1 set was supped to be real daytons but i never looked into it because of no stamp but all the nipples are the same and it has the same number inside the hub. i have a player wheel here also it looks very sloppy compared to the other sets

so what do you guys think?

·
Registered
26,378 Posts
Originally posted by jalo4sho@Oct 20 2006, 01:38 PM~6408568
nipple are all the same direction

i went out and looked at my chrome one's 1 set was supped to be real daytons but i never looked into it because of no stamp but all the nipples are the same and it has the same number inside the hub. i have a player wheel here also it looks very sloppy compared to the other sets

so what do you guys think?
NOT DAYTONS.. I'LL TAKE EM OFF YOUR HANDS FOR $200!!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is that sarcasm

anyone else?

·
Registered
26,378 Posts
Originally posted by jalo4sho@Oct 20 2006, 04:00 PM~6409533
is that sarcasm

anyone else?
yeah it was.. if they dont have stamp.. i'd have doubts.. only old old ones came without stamps.. and those are rare. i say just wait to see if they rust.. then you'll know.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Originally posted by sixty8imp@Oct 20 2006, 05:10 PM~6410391
yeah it was..  if they dont have stamp..  i'd have doubts..  only old old ones came without stamps.. and those are rare.  i say just wait to see if they rust..  then you'll know.

Not that rare, I have a set I picked up in the late 90's ;)

·
1975 Caprice Classic
8,048 Posts
as far as 13 dayton only made 72 spoke and then came the 88 spoke both with no stampings

·
1975 Caprice Classic
8,048 Posts
i dont think dayton made 100 spoke back in the day with no stamping in it
now they do there called dayton blvd i believe

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Originally posted by brn2ridelo@Oct 21 2006, 01:08 AM~6412876
i dont think dayton made 100 spoke back in the day with no stamping in it
now they do there called dayton blvd i believe
back in 94 dayton stepped up and made 88 spoke 13's and 100 spoke 14's.no 100spoke 13's and they werent called 'blvd'...and initially they were not stamped

·
Registered
975 Posts
all wires are daytons bro......dont believe the hype.......if they dont have a stamp, just means they are old ass daytons...I got a set of 15"s as a water hose holder, another one is a flower pot, then a clock, and lastly I use the 4th as a spare for my lawn tractor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts