LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to know what size pipe that will act as a sleeve for front cylinders???? i cant find a pipe that will fit it i think the outer diamater of the cylinder is 1 5/8 or somethin i tried 1 1 1/2 and realllly close but it wouldnt fit and then they said the next size is 2inch and that was really big WHAT SIZE IS THE RIGHT SIZE!!!!!!! :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
go to another place. i dont know the exact measurement for the pipe but mine slides right over the cylinder with no problem and its not a thick walled tubing either

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone i heard to use driveshaft tubing they come in a size smaller that 2inch???? but driveshaft tubing is expensive :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by 78monte85riviera@Sep 17 2007, 08:19 PM~8812311
anyone i heard to use driveshaft tubing they come in a size smaller that 2inch???? but driveshaft tubing is expensive :angry:  :angry:
Use 2" D.O.M. tubing .188 wall.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya i get my metal from a steel company. looks like another item ron at BMH could start selling lol

·
GetDwn
1,503 Posts
not sure what they use for driveshafts, but the "DOM" is the process they use to make the tubing. (Drawn Over Mandrel=great material properties for high pressure) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
you need to go to a metal place not a hardware store or welding shop
they will check it with a micrometer and get you fitted

·
GetDwn
1,503 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Sep 18 2007, 08:06 AM~8815419
you need to go to a metal place not a hardware store or welding shop
they will check it with a micrometer and get you fitted

x :thumbsup: :thumbsup: