LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The project is a 63 Impala SS 2 door hardtop with a 502 big block 580 horse motor, Ford 9" rear, Wilwood disc brakes front and rear, 22" wheels etc.... I need something that can handle very well and have a nice and tight suspension. Any one really into bags that can help?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
CALL KONNECTED KNOCEPTS THEY WILL HAVE SOMTHING OR TELL U WHERE TO GO AND GET WHAT YOUR LOOKING 4 909-319-3251 ASK 4 KEITH GOOD LUCK

Attachments

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Go with a airride shock wave system with tubular A arms and tubular trailing arms..

I'm planning on dooing a 62 impy with that set up...

·
Registered
244 Posts
bags arent generally used for high performance turning/racing applications. not to say you will be racing but there are much better alternatives if you just want it a bit low and high performance...get some lowered progressive rate springs.

if you want to lay your car out and hit switches then bags will work, but your track performance will suffer.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
seen alot of air ride tech rides, they dont lay frame. but they hall arse

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by joebomber52@Sep 23 2005, 02:00 PM~3871901
what are you looking for
drop your ride or just swap it out to air suspension
I want to lay this bitch out. Not layin' frame, but pretty damn low. I want to be able to raise and lower the car really fast(that's it). I'm not gonna be racing really unless someone wants some. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Huggies@Sep 23 2005, 01:08 PM~3871613
Go with a airride shock wave system with tubular A arms and tubular trailing arms..

I'm planning on dooing a 62 impy with that set up...
Anyone got pics of an X frame with this type of setup?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by sled@Sep 23 2005, 03:45 PM~3872599
bags arent generally used for high performance turning/racing applications.  not to say you will be racing but there are much better alternatives if you just want it a bit low and high performance...get some lowered progressive rate springs.

if you want to lay your car out and hit switches then bags will work, but your track performance will suffer.
I want to lay it out and I know it's not gonna perform the greatest in the slopes(I'm a realist), but I do want it to perform to the best of it's ability.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the all chrome 22's today with a huge lip. I heard those shockwave bags are junk. Can any support this statement or give me ammunition to believe there not?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The guy building the car says to run RS Slam Bags. Something about the car will ride smooth like a Cadillac, but I am looking for a rigid ride.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by diggs1870@Sep 24 2005, 08:43 PM~3879264
The guy building the car says to run RS Slam Bags. Something about the car will ride smooth like a Cadillac, but I am looking for a rigid ride.

build your own car! :uh:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by diggs1870@Sep 24 2005, 10:43 PM~3879264
I just got my bags installed in the ass of my 63 impala and this what I have experienced ...

The stiffness of the ride will have a lot to do with how inflated you run the bags. Filled all the way,(locked up) it will be bouncy as hell. Let some air out, smooth as silk.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If you wanna hop... then I would recomand Slam Bags...

But why not go with airride if you want good handling?

Heard good comment about the shockwaves... what did you hear?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
by the way, airride and airlift are two separate companies...

Airride uses firestone bags... :(

But the tubular pieces are great... you can upgrade your bags to slam specialities... but if you choose to use shockwave bags in front, you have to stay with firestone bags...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts