Registered
12,557 Posts
Originally posted by summertime cruiser@Jan 14 2009, 05:21 PM~12705137
Whats the difference between a 2 channel amp and a 4 channel amp
front and rear independent ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
alotta 4 channel amps also require 2 sets of rca audio cables. so make sure your deck has 2 sets of outs....

2 channel amps tend to have more rms power than 4 channel ones as well. also, alot of 4 channel amps have built in crossovers so you can adjust sensitivity ranges and connect 2 speakers and 2 subs to the same amp and still get those highs and lows. is it recommended? probably not, but if you looking for just some sound and bass, not a problem....

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by djspydaz@Jan 21 2009, 12:18 AM~12767174
alotta 4 channel amps also require 2 sets of rca audio cables.  so make sure your deck has 2 sets of outs....

2 channel amps tend to have more rms power than 4 channel ones as well.  also, alot of 4 channel amps have built in crossovers so you can adjust sensitivity ranges and connect 2 speakers and 2 subs to the same amp and still get those highs and lows.  is it recommended?  probably not, but if you looking for just some sound and bass, not a problem....
I've been gone for too long..

Let's just answer his question, 2 channel amps have 2 channels, 4 channel amps have 4 channels.. a channel means one pair of pos. neg.

and your wrong about not a good idea about using a 4-channel... You can wire channel 1 and 2 to components in the front and rear fill in the back, and have channels 3 and 4 running 1, 2, etc subwoofers... some people swear by their 4-channel systems and wouldnt change it for a 2-channel to run this, and a mono-block to run that...

also, I stomped the yard in my single cab with an autotek900.4, cdt eurofit 6.5" comps on a satnet 480 crossover, and two RE RE12's vented in 3 cubes @ 32 hz..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts