LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i havent done ANYTHING with buttons, and hardly even any interior stuff, i just pulled off my door panel and im going to do it with crush and buttons, but ive never used buttons and wondered if anyone has any pictures from when they were installin and how do you use them????

Thanks for any help
Mike

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
all the buttons ive used are two piece..a little metal cap and the bottom piece to the button...the fabric will be a bitch to get onto the buttons unless you have this little machine that squeezes the fabric around them...its hard to explain but the process ive always used is pretty simple..get some heavy nylon string run it about a foot and a half long for doors, thread the button and tie the string...push the string through the door panel with a big needle.."there are actually hooks for this but i take it that you dont have one or access to one"..once you pull it through there are these plastic flat discs you thread through on the back...tie a small knot and pull until you suck the button to the depth you want and then just tie a few more knots...pretty much it...this part can be done at home but i suggest you get the actual buttons made for you somewhere because they are a pain in the ass

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Sep 7 2003, 08:25 PM
ok i havent done ANYTHING with buttons, and hardly even any interior stuff, i just pulled off my door panel and im going to do it with crush and buttons, but ive never used buttons and wondered if anyone has any pictures from when they were installin and how do you use them????

Thanks for any help
Mike
I bought a button press when I did my interior...very easy to use...had to get it because it was too expensive to have someone make all my buttons...I look for pics ;)

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah pics would be great, how much was that button press???? maybe my grandma has one however, she does all that sowing shit so maybe i wont have to buy one, but yeah post some pics if you got some

Thanks guys
Mike

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Ok I found some pictures...but i don't know how to post here so I'll upload them in the post your rides and someone can transfer them here.Hopefully :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Originally posted by Bigthangs@Sep 9 2003, 02:09 PM
Ok I found some pictures...but i don't know how to post here so I'll upload them in the post your rides and someone can transfer them here.Hopefully :dunno: :dunno:
give me a email I'll send them to someone to post them.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Sep 9 2003, 04:59 PM
if you want u can just email them to me and ill look at em, i duno how to post em either

[email protected]
Okay :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts