LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a Muscle Machine Street tuner chassis instead though. I need some help. Would a motor from like a mini rc car work? I have tons, and the muscle machine chassis is plastic. I also hace a little larger motor. I bought a 2 prong micro toggle switch, will this work?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
im not sure if it would work, you would need a 3.2 mini r/c motor and you would have to run em on a 7.2, and still that would only get you a lift. mine and eveyones advise, use Ho motors. and also. you going to need a 6 prong self centering dtpd switch, just ask j for a wireing diagram

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why does it have to be 6 prong? Cant I solder 2 wires to the prongs, then solder them to the batts, then solder the batts to the motor?

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by dissko@Aug 26 2003, 04:25 PM
Why does it have to be 6 prong? Cant I solder 2 wires to the prongs, then solder them to the batts, then solder the batts to the motor?
it has to be 6-prong momentary toggle switch...on,off,on. that way you can make the motor spin forward and backward. a two prong will only let you spin it one direction

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do I need the motor to spin 2 ways? Will it hop 2 diff ways?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK im downloadin realplayer as I type. Jev, dude your work is AWESOME! im only 13...so I dont have the money for a lot of stuff like this, but I am tryin to use what I got. Buyin the wrong damn toggle didnt help either :) . Thank you guys so much...I will prob have some more questions tho...

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...It looks like I am doing everything totally wrong. Didnt know it had to be that complex. Well....thanks, I need a tad more money now lol.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i have given up....i dont have the money for any motors or any more switches :(

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm well when you have NO money, its a little harder, isnt it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts