LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for a company called Colorado Bluesky inc taking care of Developmentaly disabled persons. I have a client who has a basic lowrider bike. Nothing has been customized as of yet. He would like to add a trailer to his bike with a cd player, sub, amp ect... I have been put in charge of helping him do this but i do not know where to start. He would like to customize his bike and enter it into lowrider shows as well. Can anyone help us at least get started on the trailer portion of the project? For example do you build the trailer yourself or is there a web site we could buy one from. Any help would be usefull.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
id say start wit the box, make the box, install your audio exuipment, get it working good, then worry about the axel and wheels, i think i have an idea about attaching the box to the bike. your could buy a twisted rear bumper

and weld a chain on it, then attach it to the box with a bolt or something of the sort, hope i helped you out!

Last edited by babybikeboi2 at Nov 9 2003, 03:51 PM

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Originally posted by painloc21@Nov 9 2003, 11:43 AM
I work for a company called Colorado Bluesky inc taking care of Developmentaly disabled persons. I have a client who has a basic lowrider bike. Nothing has been customized as of yet. He would like to add a trailer to his bike with a cd player, sub, amp ect... I have been put in charge of helping him do this but i do not know where to start. He would like to customize his bike and enter it into lowrider shows as well. Can anyone help us at least get started on the trailer portion of the project? For example do you build the trailer yourself or is there a web site we could buy one from. Any help would be usefull.
build it yourself. Not hard to make a box and put some wheels on it. Are you in Colorado?

K. Diaz

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in Pueblo Colorado. I think the closest lowrider bike shop is Mi Gente in Colorado Springs but imma talk to them and see if they can do anything for us. I can build the box myself with no problem. Its just adding the tires and stuff i'm not sure about. He has a twisted bumber just like the one in the pic so thats a good idea. I have pics of the bike but i dont know how to post them. He wants a trike conversion kit but because he is DD i would have to do all the work and with my limited knowledge of lowrider bikes i am not sure i could do the conversion myself or if i was even ordering the correct kit. My idea for the trailer was to build a frame out of steel then use MDF to make the box for the audio equipment then take it to get upholsterd. Im just not sure how to attach the wheels. I would like to use the same type of wheels he has on his bike now. Would that work? Thank you guys for your help i am sure as this project moves along i will be asking alot of questions

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would try calling them, but also try Dragon's Lowriders,(303) 615-9050.
Ask for Jim he's the owner, I'm not too sure he can give you anything, but I'm sure he'd be willing to talk to you about how to build a box. I have alot of family in Pueblo, and I'll talk to a cousin of mine who builds bikes out of his garage. I'm sure he'll build it for you if you buy the materials.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. If you can talk to your cousin for me that would be great. We are not looking to get anything for free except advice. We are trying to teach him the value of a dollar. He loves lowriders and lowrider bikes and wants to be involved in the culture. But it his hard because we have to try and show my bosses that lowriding and gang banging are not the same and that lowriding can be a positive thing in his life. Are there any bike clubs in the Pueblo area?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't remember just bike clubs, but I know of a few car clubs in Pueblo, once I talk to my cousin he'll let me know. I say call Dragon's Lowriders anyways, he's willing to help people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts