LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo im being honest im almost broke i just bought a project 85 merc grand marquis and that paint isnt too bad but its an off gray and fading i wanna give it a decent paint job nothing extraordanary but a good solid paint, i dont know the 1st thing about what to do, so do i need to buy paint and do it myself with a roller then clearcoat? or take it too a shop and let them do it? (if so about how much would that be?) give me some deatils please.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by RottPimpDaddy@Nov 13 2003, 08:10 AM
im just wanting to get a good shinging paint on, last time i tried it came out dull as fuck :( :angry:
OH OH BETTER GET MAACO!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dun need any bodywork i just need da paintjob done and if i get a shop to spray it they will charge me out the ass and im short on cash

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by RottPimpDaddy@Nov 13 2003, 08:43 AM
TTT help me out pplz im waiting :cool:
JUST REMEMBER YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !!!CAN'T YOU SAVE YOUR MONEY WAIT UNTIL THE SPRING AND GET A NICE PAINT JOB. THE PAINT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR RIDE, THAT'S WHAT SETS IT APART!!WHEN MY CAR IS DONE I'LL HAVE ABOUT 6 GRAND IN PAINT ALONE AND I AM FRIENDS WITH THE GUY THAT OWNS THE BODY SHOP.
IF YOU WANNA PLAY YOU GOTTA PAY!!! :0 :0

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
besides, any paint is better than faded gray and i dun plan on keeping this car im just gonna make it look decent while i drive it around

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by RottPimpDaddy@Nov 13 2003, 08:56 AM
man u got fuked on the paint i had color changing for 2g ur getting ripped............ and hes ur "friend"
YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE PAINT AND YOU TELLING ME I GOT FUCKED!!SHOWS ME WHAT YOU KNOW

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Originally posted by RottPimpDaddy@Nov 13 2003, 09:03 AM
dude, the fucking airbrush paint on the bionic civic that was 250,000 dollars didnt cost that much. . .
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A $250,000 CIVIC, AND DID I MENTION THIS WAS A COMPLETE FRAME OFF, 1 WETSAND AND RECLEAR IS $800

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hey homie do you have any tools or air compressors or anything? DO you have any experience? If both of these are no you are not gonna be able to paint your car. The 1st time painting cars shit always goes wrong. The cost of tools and everything might be a little more expensive then just running down to maaco and letting them slap it on. Paint always adds up. Primers, clearcoats, mid tones, maybe some flattening agent, base coat, and maybe some flake. Shit adds up homie. If you do decide to paint your own shit try and get at least a five hoursepower compressor. Harbor freight paint guns and body tools are, what I think the cheapest on the market and hold up the longest. Sup 2 U good luck, Chris

Last edited by /\Chris/\ at Nov 13 2003, 09:08 AM

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE+Nov 13 2003, 11:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PROJECT6DEUCE @ Nov 13 2003, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RottPimpDaddy@Nov 13 2003, 09:03 AM
dude, the fucking airbrush paint on the bionic civic that was 250,000 dollars didnt cost that much. . .
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A $250,000 CIVIC, AND DID I MENTION THIS WAS A COMPLETE FRAME OFF, 1 WETSAND AND RECLEAR IS $800[/b][/quote]
why are you even arguing with this guy, he asked if he should just get a roller and roll it on :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
chris, thx for ur imput i was about to fuk it up (by goin out the with a roller and clearcoat) lmao anyway otha dawg hold on ill show u the 250,000 dollar civic

1 - 20 of 84 Posts