LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 64 wagon with a pretty new alternator and optima battery. recently been having to get out and wiggle the little red wire going to the batt. then start. but hasn't been working as well lately. I turn the ign switch it begins to turn then cuts out. no power at all. wiggle small main wire to batt usually works but slowly not working, almost couldn't get it going this morning.
is this a starter issue ? ignition switch ? main wire ? ???? have no clue please help

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by TACOBOY@Feb 10 2010, 01:08 PM~16572806
I have a 64 wagon with a pretty new alternator and optima battery. recently been having to get out and wiggle the little red wire going to the batt. then start. but hasn't been working as well lately. I turn the ign switch it begins to turn then cuts out. no power at all. wiggle small main wire to batt usually works but slowly not working, almost couldn't get it going this morning.
is this a starter issue ? ignition switch ? main wire ? ???? have no clue please help

YEP.. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR RED WIRE IS LOOSE AT THE STARTER... SOMETIMES THE NUT BACKS OUT AND IT LOOSENS UP.. JEST RETIGHTEN IT... MAKE SURE TO UNPLUG THE BATTERY WHEN WORKING ON THE STARTER.. HOPE THAT HELP YOU OUT..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help I'll check it out!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Originally posted by BrownAzt3ka@Feb 10 2010, 01:25 PM~16572931
YEP.. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR RED WIRE IS LOOSE AT THE STARTER... SOMETIMES THE NUT BACKS OUT AND IT LOOSENS UP.. JEST RETIGHTEN IT... MAKE SURE TO UNPLUG THE BATTERY WHEN WORKING ON THE STARTER.. HOPE THAT HELP YOU OUT..
x2 good info

·
~Maniako Enfermo~
8,364 Posts
Originally posted by loster87@Feb 10 2010, 03:40 PM~16574152
x2 good info

Its happened to me before when i was 3hrs from home.. luckily i figured it out quickly..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts