LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car bagged. It has modified stock struts with air over strut bags. And the dude told me there would be some noise driving. But its pretty loud, its a rattling sound when i am on an uneven road, it makes the noise unless im on a perfect brand new street it seems. Is this rattling of the suspension normal? What is it exactly?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It could be anything really. Take some pics of what he did. What did he use for the upper mounts? how did he attach the bracketry. What type of strut bearing did he use. Could be anything from a bad strut to a bad balljoint or sway bar end link. Give us more info. type of car etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yea i have no idea what he used, this is my first air bag setup. Im used to hydraulics. It says that he used Mcpherson front and rear strut mounts. Air over strut bags 4.0 compressed, 9.25 extended, 5.8 diameter. I have 4 viair 480's. The car is a 2002 300m special front wheel drive of course.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Car looks great. Its hard to see what type of upper mount was used, but it all looks ok. I was expecting to see brackets that were loose. Is there any way you can try to isolate where the noise is coming from? Front? Rear? left? right? Is it definitely from the suspension or could it be something else like loose brake components etc? I like to use as many factory components as possible to eliminate the chances of the parts introducing noises or problems.
If you stand next to the car and shake it, does it make the noise? if so, you can try to put your hands on the different parts and see where the noise is most evident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts