LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this post is for a freind that is upgrading his 350 tranny on his cutty to a 400 turbo. His issue is that he installed and it only goes in rear. Now he did not plug the electric plug since his 85 dont have any. He also did not connect the suction hose his cutty has cuz his new tranny dont have any. So my guess is that he needs to plun in the electrci plug my question is how would he do that.????

·
Registered
583 Posts
this post is for a freind that is upgrading his 350 tranny on his cutty to a 400 turbo. His issue is that he installed and it only goes in rear. Now he did not plug the electric plug since his 85 dont have any. He also did not connect the suction hose his cutty has cuz his new tranny dont have any. So my guess is that he needs to plun in the electrci plug my question is how would he do that.????
When he installed the trans did he fill the torque convertor with trans fluid prior to sliding it into the trans?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When he installed the trans did he fill the torque convertor with trans fluid prior to sliding it into the trans?
Yes It's full.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Sounds like a bad transmission.I believe that transmission is vacuum controlled.look on the passenger side by the tailshft,there should be a round module there that plugs into the vacumm on intake,but You need straight manifold vacuum,no tee's.I don't think that would cause it to not go in gear.get the car hot and make sure transmission fluid is full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts