LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hopefully someday, I'll be one of the guys giving advice to the new people. But for right now, I'm all questions.

Here is the deal, the car isn't raising at all. Front or rear. I got two pumps with one bank of 4 batts. At first, it sounded like the batteries had lost charge, you know the low pitched sound rather than the high one. Anyways, I thought no big deal, charged the batteries to 100% and it kept on sounding as if the batteries are dead it would only raise like an inch and very slowly, but would dump fine. Went out just now to try it again, and now all I hear is a click and nothing else. Now I can't even hear the motors. What could it be? You think both motors went out on me at the same time?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nah could be many things either you got more then half ur solenoids burnt out wich aint givvin u raise power your batt's could be fuk'd up were they dont hold any charge and go weak quick or could be something draining your batt's out quick unless ur switch got stuck and burnt ur motors out?

·
over it
6,640 Posts
You are going to have to check each battery to make sure one isn't bad. Your batteries are only as good as your weakest one, so if one has a bad cell or is low on acid/water it will not let the power from the others flow through it. Start with this and then check your soleniods once your sure you have good batteries. Almost forgot, make sure you have a good ground for your batteries and your soleniods. Its best if your batteries, pumps, and soleniods are all mounted to a common piece of steel. Oh the joys of switches :uh:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll see if I can figure out what it is tomorrow.

"Oh the joys of switches"
Yeah, can't save money to buy something because as soon as you do, bam something breaks and its back to square one. But I guess its part of the game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts