LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup homies. im new to this so i need help ... i have a 87 chevorlet caprice coupe and i wanna take out the side mouldings? how do u take them out properly without damaging them ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the doors there is a nut on each side (you do not hve to take off the door pannel) and there is clips along the door side you simply push the molding up and take it out on the top first (or maybe the other way around push it down and take it out on the bottom). the quarter panel moldings is a nut (maybe two) in the rear section of the trunk, I don't remember how they are mounted in front, but I guess there is a nut somewhere behind the rear seat panel. once you've located the nuts it's the same prosidure as the doors push up or down.. It's about 7 years since I did this so I hope I remember correct.

GOOD LUCK!

Robert

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Originally posted by team-pontiac@Aug 24 2006, 04:50 PM~6034855
On the doors there is a nut on each side (you do not hve to take off the door pannel) and there is clips along the door side you simply push the molding up and take it out on the top first (or maybe the other way around push it down and take it out on the bottom). the quarter panel moldings is a nut (maybe two) in the rear section of the trunk, I don't remember how they are mounted in front, but I guess there is a nut somewhere behind the rear seat panel. once you've located the nuts it's the same prosidure as the doors push up or down.. It's about 7 years since I did this so I hope I remember correct.

GOOD LUCK!

Robert
yep what he said, open the door and on the very bottom corners there is an acorn nut on each corner holding the chrome steady, remove em and slide the chrom towards the top. careful and dont force it or youll bend it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the relpies homies...i appreciate the help.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts