LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a a seriouse problem with my car. I have a 1983 regal that keeps breaking my upper trailing arms and keeps pulling my drive shaft out of my trani. the trailing ams are extended already. this dam problems driving me nuts help anybody :confused: :angry: :dunno: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by charles85@Mar 16 2010, 09:05 PM~16911528
GET A FUCKEN SLIP YOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sprint:  :sprint:  :sprint:
yeah but y is it that nobody else wit a regal needs one. at least not the ones I talk to but could be wrong thanks thou will try it

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by mr boy@Mar 16 2010, 09:02 PM~16911487
I have a a seriouse problem with my car. I have a 1983 regal that keeps breaking my upper trailing arms and keeps pulling my drive shaft out of my trani. the trailing ams are extended already. this dam problems driving me nuts help anybody :confused:  :angry:  :dunno:  :eek:hno:
stop overlocking the car and u wont break ur upper trailing arms....

·
Registered
890 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Mar 17 2010, 12:35 AM~16913982
stop overlocking the car and u wont break ur upper trailing arms....
x21342342314123412341234231

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by mr boy@Mar 16 2010, 08:02 PM~16911487
I have a a seriouse problem with my car. I have a 1983 regal that keeps breaking my upper trailing arms and keeps pulling my drive shaft out of my trani. the trailing ams are extended already. this dam problems driving me nuts help anybody :confused:  :angry:  :dunno:  :eek:hno:
smaller size cylinders or chains......and what kingfish said about the slip yoke....

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Mar 17 2010, 04:11 PM~16918926
smaller size cylinders or chains......and what kingfish said about the slip yoke....
i said nothing about a slip yoke..lol cuz that wont even come close to solving his problem...his issue is more than likely over locking the rear...he is lucky he is only ripping the trailing arm and not the pumpkin ear yet..he should be counting his blessings

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but even when I had 12 on the rear it would break I'll try 10 and a slip thanks for all the input fella's. I'll let u know the outcome any other help full tips

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
You say the arms are breaking and the shaft is coming out of the transmission As far as the Arm situation goes That says you have cylinders that are allowing the rear to raise to the point they are making contact with the crossmember that your upper trailing arms are mounted to. You can TRY to notch that out where they hit. But I would seriously look into using shorter cylinders AND Chaining the rear at a respectable height. As far as the driveshaft goes get with Empire Customs and get one of their slip yoke/spring driveshafts. OH AND DO ONT DRIVE with the rear end locked up

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Mar 18 2010, 12:45 AM~16923092
i said nothing about a slip yoke..lol cuz that wont even come close to solving his problem...his issue is more than likely over locking the rear...he is lucky he is only ripping the trailing arm and not the pumpkin ear yet..he should be counting his blessings
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts