LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a bill from a car stereo repair shop about an amp I dropped off there almost a year ago. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that fixes amps for cheap?? I would really like to get it fixed for cheap this place wanted like 250+ to fix it.. When I get it back I will take pics if anyone you might know how to fix it that would kick ass if I could fix it myself with someone's help

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I just go to the local high school kid hang out and dump my busted crap on the kids there... They don't know better and they always think they are the ones that burned it up because they "hooked it up wrong"... ;) :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
I had an old school lanzar amp that i took in one time. I had it mounted to the back of my box. The shit inside was so brittle, when he touched it it would just fall off. Rebuilt practically the whole amp for around 200. It's still pushin' around 1250 watts to this day!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took pics of the amp and sent them to Cruz_Campos he has homies and family that fixes this type of shit.. WHen I went to go pick it up yesterday. The guy told me that the DC to DC inverter was blown or some shit like that. and he alsy said it would have been 150 in parts and like 80 in labor. THis amp really isn't worth that much to me I wanna fix it cheaper than that

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by PiK@Oct 10 2003, 01:30 PM
Sony Xplode somthing or other, 1200 watts is what they say it is it is a couple years old, I'll post a pic after a bit
how much did you pay for it. it might not be worth it to repair it. I'd just buy something a little newer.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by PiK@Oct 10 2003, 03:05 PM
Well I already have a new amp a Kenwood Class D sub amp. Runs like a champ..

The Sony amp my buddy bought for 450 brand new I got it in a trade a couple years ago.
do you know the model??

it doesn't sound like something that i would even bother with.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
didn't find any on ebay, but i know when they came out you could pick them up for around 300-400. 450 is the msrp. so nowadays it might be worth $150. compare that to what it would cost to fix it, and then decide if it's worth it to you. But i wouldn't pay no $250.

High Voltage
Btw, it's rated at 600W X 1 @ 4 ohms.
300W X 2 @ 2 ohms.
225W X 2 @ 4 ohms.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it for a pretty good deal. I am trying to find the parts and fix it myself with some guidance from someone nice enough to help. than maybe just sell it to my bro so he can have a decent amp pushing his 12 instead of a little 200w amp heh

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by PiK@Oct 10 2003, 04:07 PM
I got it for a pretty good deal. I am trying to find the parts and fix it myself with some guidance from someone nice enough to help. than maybe just sell it to my bro so he can have a decent amp pushing his 12 instead of a little 200w amp heh
That would be good, fix it yourself. but 250 is too much to spend on that amp. it is a good amp for a pair of 12's.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by PiK@Oct 10 2003, 05:15 PM
yea that is what I was thinking.. I used to run 2 W3's off this amp
and then I got a Vualphenhaug or someshit and that is what I fucked this amp up with.. so I went and got my Kenwood I love it
a buddy of mine had one running 2 12W6's at a 6ohm load. the amp did alright, they were prolly gettin around 500watts and sounded clean cuz of the high impendance, till he hooked up the third one. at a 4-ohm load. subs were underpowered. they need at least 750W. But i still think it would be a good amp for someone with 2 12's.

Last edited by 1ofaknd at Oct 10 2003, 05:27 PM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts