LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
notching is used to give the axel of a vehicle clearance for when the frame isn't going to let it. Also allows the vehicle to get even lower (depending on the notch size).
Yes you do, weather a mini notch or a monster, you will end up cutting into the frame.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so a notch is lets say the back is higher then the front its to even it out? do you need to cut into the body of the car or truck?

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by lowridergod@Jul 22 2005, 10:13 AM
so a notch is lets say the back is higher then the front its to even it out? do you need to cut into the body of the car or truck?
[snapback]3456931[/snapback]​
You don't necessarily need to cut into the body to create clearance for the notch, though it is often needed, as in the case of a mini truck where the bed floor is low and needs to be cut over the axle for the notch. However, you may need to cut the body to create clearance for the tires.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by lowridergod@Jul 22 2005, 10:13 AM
[snapback]3456931[/snapback]​
in a way yes it is. if your working from stock, to even out the rear you would only need to use drop blocks (given that you are leaving the front as is).

Notching is manily for laying a ride out more to the floor. Badass is right, for a truck, sometimes the bed is cut so that the middle piece in the axel doesn't keep on banging the bed floor when dropped. To lay frame you would have to do several types of alterations to the whole rear suspension, as well as cut out some/most/all of the bed.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
usually a step notch is needed in big wheel rides and truck frames because the rear rails are usually strait with not much of an arch

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 22 2005, 10:34 AM
usually a step notch is needed in big wheel rides and truck frames because the rear rails are usually strait with not much of an arch
[snapback]3457097[/snapback]​
lol just barely.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k well i have an s10 blazer and i only want it a couple inches of the ground so do i need to cut the frame or no?

and alll that stuff but me a lowridergod for my name is mostly for when i was in the bike forums i just got this ride but i no lots bout lowrider bikes so that y my name is that lol lmfao

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
probably because i hope you are running some nice 18" rims or up there
and not some gay ass wires

so yeah you might want to do a small "c" notch

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by joebomber52@Jul 22 2005, 01:50 PM
probably because i hope you are running some nice 18" rims or up there
and not some gay ass wires

so yeah you might want to do a small "c" notch
[snapback]3457753[/snapback]​
wuts so bad bout wires thats exactly wut im doing some 14 inch daytons power coated black spokes with crome rim and nipples

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
use a 2" front and 4" rear drop, but your going to have to ditch them bump stops/shorten them a bit or get smaller ones.

or if your going to go all out from there, just monster notch that bitch, four link it, and cut out them wheel wells.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by lowridergod@Jul 22 2005, 01:21 PM
wuts so bad bout wires thats exactly wut im doing some 14 inch daytons power coated black spokes with crome rim and nipples
[snapback]3458600[/snapback]​
Yeah, I didn't get that either.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i agree with joe, leave the wires for cutlass, impalas, etc, etc. check out suicidedoors.com. i think they have a bolt in notch for your frame.

i really think wires on blazers looks homely as hell, but if you want to be a few inches off the ground, you might be able to get by with a flip kit and some blocks, and drop spindles and lower control arms. especially if your running some little pizza cutter 14s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts