LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having a hell of a weekend! Everything fucking up on me!

Ok, I was driving with the car completly lowered than all of the sudden i smelled smoke, so i diconnected the diconnect to the batteries. I got out and looked in the trunk but i couldn't see where the smoke was coming from. So i got back in the car and i connected the batteries back up and lifted the rear and it worked alright then i lifted the front and it stuck fully lifted. I tried to lower it but it won't. It stays lifted so what the hell is the problem now?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by hillbillyrider@Aug 21 2005, 06:00 PM~3666728
Been having a hell of a weekend! Everything fucking up on me!

Ok, I was driving with the car completly lowered than all of the sudden i smelled smoke, so i diconnected the diconnect to the batteries. I got out and looked in the trunk but i couldn't see where the smoke was coming from. So i got back in the car and i connected the batteries back up and lifted the rear and it worked alright then i lifted the front and it stuck fully lifted. I tried to lower it but it won't. It stays lifted so what the hell is the problem now?
sounds like your noids are stuck open

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
or bad switch.....sounds like noids though

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right it won't dump now! but before i even lifted it it was smoking. so i stopped to see what was up and couldn't see where the problem was so i lifted it and it lifted fine but now won't dump at all!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will do that first thing in the morning........if it dumps what is the problem? if it doesn't dump what is the problem?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok....i cracked open the front cylinders and it lowered back to the ground. So i tapped the switch a little and it raised back up alright but when i hit the switch to dump it again it does nothing! Is my dump bad or what is the problem?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
use a differnt front switch ( like front corners ) and dump it using them. if it comes down, your switch is bad, if it does not, i would say chaeck the grounds on the dups as well as the power. everything looks good? i would say the dump solenoids or cartridge is bad.
if you dont have other front switches to use ( even pancake and seesaw ) then just order a new switch, cartridge and solenoid, and start by replacing the switch. you'll have extra parts ( i'd hope ) but everyone can use the exra parts

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Aug 22 2005, 10:35 AM~3668854
use a differnt front switch ( like front corners ) and dump it using them. if it comes down, your switch is bad, if it does not, i would say chaeck the grounds on the dups as well as the power. everything  looks good? i would say the dump solenoids or cartridge is bad.
if you dont have other front switches to use ( even pancake and seesaw ) then just order a new switch, cartridge and solenoid, and start by replacing the switch.  you'll have extra parts ( i'd hope ) but everyone can use the exra parts
also, if you seen smoke, make sure you trace the dump wires, they may have bured out causing it not to work. just an after thought

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what the fuck happened here? Burnt up a dump what caused this? also i seen on the dump cartridge the white plastic O ring has a crack in it. Is that ok or will i need a new dump cartridge also. Anyone have a new dump they want to get rid of for me?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
the white rings have a slice and an angle so you can put them on, take them off. as for you melting the dump, i dont know...........

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by hillbillyrider@Aug 22 2005, 08:50 AM~3668562
ok....i cracked open the front cylinders and it lowered back to the ground. So i tapped the switch a little and it raised back up alright but when i hit the switch to dump it again it does nothing! Is my dump bad or what is the problem?
i went thru this today,have u had the dumps out at all,if so it sounds like the spring inside the coil could be off if it is just pull it apart and look inside that shit happend 2 me today i thought i lost the spring,it was in the dump

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
sounds like the switch got stuck or somthing else feeding constant power to the dump. dumps are only for momentary use, hold em too long and they will do what yours did. the dump solinoid is fucked and somthing is wrong with your wiring/switches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts