LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've set up my HOppers with the "knot" method to lock up the rears, only when I hit the switch it winds up, but drops a bit, it doesn't lock all the way up, so the cars don't hop as high.. What type of Dental floss is best??? I've been putting like 4 strands together, but it still drops like half way down....

Can someone help???? Thanks....

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Get the strongist kind you can, I heard of other people using something else, I forgot what it was, someone else will probly post it up for yea

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
What type of motor do you use for the knot method? Useally it's not the dental floss line (waxed version) but when you have a low torque motor it slips back a bit when you want to lock the rear.
Simple solution : Find a rubber or flexible tube, straw..cut a small piece off and put this on your motors shaft before you slide the collar on....press the collar so that the shaft will turn less easy...it acts as a brake.

With HO motors you can use 2 lines..a loop. It will last for a long time. ;)
Good luck!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jevries@Aug 25 2005, 10:57 AM~3689510
What type of motor do you use for the knot method? Useally it's not the dental floss line (waxed version) but when you have a low torque motor it slips back a bit when you want to lock the rear.
Simple solution : Find a rubber or flexible tube, straw..cut a small piece off and put this on your motors shaft before you slide the collar on....press the collar so that the shaft will turn less easy...it acts as a brake.

With HO motors you can use 2 lines..a loop. It will last for a long time. ;)
Good luck!
I'm using the HO scale motors I got from 1ofakind, so the shaft is real small... but I can just cut a small enough piece to try that. Would it matter if the floss i'm using has a scent on it, smells like winter green???

Thanks Jevries....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe, Alright, Thanks J....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts