LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this old bike u guys probably seen it, i cant get the crank out of the frame its really frusterating can ya give me some pointers, thx

·
Registered
81 Posts
any pics? if it's a 1 piece crank it won't have cotter pins. if it's 3 piece it may need an extracting tool and a bb tool to remove the bottom bracket. if it's a screw in bottom bracket then the left side is a left hand thread.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ok i think i know the bike you're talking about now. it looks like a 1 piece crank. on the non drive side will be 2 flat, large diamter nuts. undo the outermost one (this is the locknut) then undo the inner most one. slide the nuts over the crank and off (presuming you have taken the pedal off) now pull the crank through the bottom bracket shell taking care not to lose any loose bearings.

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 2 2005, 10:49 AM~3740102
The craank arms should have a metal pin or something holding them in place. It might even be a screw or a bolt.
he just said there is none

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
sotimes lefty loosy righty tighty is not the case for cranks and pedals try twisting the other way i had to do it and when i found out i was like da fuk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts