LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 95 FLEETWOOD AND I ORDERED 14X7'Z BUT THEY TOLD ME THE RIMS ARE GONNA RUB... ANYONE WITH A FLEETWOOD KNOW WUZZA?.. GET BACK

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea... im getting 175 -70 14... that wont rub??

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what tabs??... the inside of the skirt?? and explain..

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
i have a 93 fleetwood and i got 14x7 mccleans with 175/70/r/14s,
the fronts fit perfect but on the back skirts you have to cut,
its hard to explain but ill send you a pic of what it looks like when its cut. a little dremel tool with a cutting wheel will work.
im at work right now but ill post pics when i get home.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ur best bet is 2 put 14x6 in tha back unless u got daytons cause daytons sit farther in so they dont rub but is u got anything else get 14x6 cause they will rub no mater wat tires u got

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
TAKE THE SKIRT OFF AND CUT OFF THEM RUBBER PADDING+ CUT THE SKIRT HANDLE IN HALF THEN BEND THE LIP A LITTLE ON THE BODY WHERE THE SKIRT SITS :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
TAKE THE SKIRT OFF AND CUT OFF THEM RUBBER PADDING+ CUT THE SKIRT HANDLE IN HALF THEN BEND THE LIP A LITTLE ON THE BODY WHERE THE SKIRT SITS 13+14X7S WILL FIT PERFECT :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by spook@Jul 30 2003, 05:43 AM
its hard to explain but ill send you a pic of what it looks like when its cut.  a little dremel tool with a cutting wheel will work.
spook do you have juice in your 93

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
I have trimmed skirts and still ahd to put 14x6's in the back. The fleetwood axle wants to naturall go more to the passenger side so makes it a little harder...... When they say trim the skirts....take a look at the skirt and there are 2 levers that allow u to remove it.. The plastic tabs ned to be trimmed back. U can gain atleast 1 inch or so by doing this. Some people cut the lever or rebend them.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
175 70's on 14x7 will rub if you lower the car from stock height

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
Originally posted by djtwigsta@Aug 6 2003, 07:50 AM
I have trimmed skirts and still ahd to put 14x6's in the back. The fleetwood axle wants to naturall go more to the passenger side so makes it a little harder...... When they say trim the skirts....take a look at the skirt and there are 2 levers that allow u to remove it.. The plastic tabs ned to be trimmed back. U can gain atleast 1 inch or so by doing this. Some people cut the lever or rebend them.
ok that how you do it....14/6 are hard to get and hard to find

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz+Aug 7 2003, 02:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (homeboyz @ Aug 7 2003, 02:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--djtwigsta@Aug 6 2003, 07:50 AM
I have  trimmed skirts and still ahd to put 14x6's in the back. The fleetwood axle wants to naturall go more to the passenger side so makes it a little harder...... When they say trim the skirts....take a look at the skirt and there are 2 levers that allow u to remove it.. The plastic tabs ned to be trimmed back. U can gain atleast 1 inch or so by doing this. Some people cut the lever or rebend them.
ok that how you do it....14/6 are hard to get and hard to find[/b][/quote]
but u can get em ryders expo gets em :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Originally posted by CORE+Aug 6 2003, 03:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CORE @ Aug 6 2003, 03:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--spook@Jul 30 2003, 05:43 AM
its hard to explain but ill send you a pic of what it looks like when its cut.  a little dremel tool with a cutting wheel will work.
spook do you have juice in your 93[/b][/quote]
no i dont have juice, i guess best way to go is 14x6 in the rear, if you plan to drop it nice and low,,ill be getting me a set of 14x6 for the rear when i juice it,,

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Originally posted by CORE@Aug 7 2003, 08:53 AM

hey homie are u willing 2 sell those skirts?? If not, you know where i can get some?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by cleAn85+Aug 8 2003, 01:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cleAn85 @ Aug 8 2003, 01:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--CORE@Aug 7 2003, 08:53 AM

hey homie are u willing 2 sell those skirts?? If not, you know where i can get some?[/b][/quote]
sorry bro not for sale and not sure where to get them :dunno:

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
i was told that grinding down on the inside of the wheel wall that help also and it true my homeboy did it to his 93 and it rubs less and i am about to do it my 95 lac

1 - 18 of 18 Posts