LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidently locked my keys in my 85' Monte. Any ideas on how to get them out. I can't find the spare. I already tried the hanger trick. Thanx

·
Registered
867 Posts
hanger its the best way and it works thats the only way your getting in, with out breaking something, make sure you put the hanger in and have it kinda hooked at on side and make sure the hooked side it faced towards the rear of the car, when your going up and down in there jiggle the handle you should feel when the hanger makes contact them slowly pull the hanger up and the handle at the same time, if no what kinda locks do you have are they monted on the door seal??

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I locked the keys in my regal before I bought it :biggrin: My dad got a close hanger, cut it, and made about 3 bends on it and had my keys out within 5 minutes after I shut the door. I have used the coat hanger on several rides.

hope you manual locks, it should be easy :cool:

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
Take the fist to the window...bust that bitch... g-bodies windows are everywhere, :cool:

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
easy to do,take a slim metal ruler or flat thin piece of somthing strong but not to wide,right above the door lock go down between the window and weatherstripping about 12 inches or so and feel around you can push down on one of the rods inside thier and it will pop the lock,i can get into any g-body in about 3 seconds flat with a ruler or a long bread knife,you might have to go back towards the outside of the door a lil bit,just feel around when your pushing down you'll catch it ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
easyest way get on of yor boys over there with a gm car and use there key ammazinly it works ive got in my bots regall like that and vise versa

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
PSSSST here is a secret....
take your hands to the top corner of the window.towards the rear of the car...force your fingers threw the weather strip...pull out on the window..(it will not break ive done it many times) reach in with your other arm and unlock the door.. It will work trust me i've done it many times..try it homie you'll see and u won't damage your car one bit...imagin walkin out to your ride and seein your deck gone with the windows all there and doors locked...ha ha ha hah ah hahah

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Oct 11 2003, 09:31 PM
PSSSST here is a secret....
take your hands to the top corner of the window.towards the rear of the car...force your fingers threw the weather strip...pull out on the window..(it will not break ive done it many times) reach in with your other arm and unlock the door.. It will work trust me i've done it many times..try it homie you'll see and u won't damage your car one bit...imagin walkin out to your ride and seein your deck gone with the windows all there and doors locked...ha ha ha hah ah hahah
Thats exactly what i was going to say.There is a small clip towards the front of the window once you get it past that no problem and no the window wont break.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
yup yup just pull on the corner of the window..the corner towards the back fo the door..by the handel and all that..but at the top corner..i've seen it done many times..u'd think the window will break but it won't. Just pull it out far enough to get your arm in and pull the lock up..no prob...my homie had big arms and did it without breakin or damagin my shit...kinda scary...Gbodys are soooooooo sooooo easy to break into with out leavin a mark.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes, he should have had his key by now and probly out ridding. I locked my keys in and they were sitting right in the middle of my front seat. I managed to reach in with the coat hanger by pulling the back corner of my window just enough to get wire in of 87cutlassup. Maybe he locked them in the trunk.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
shit forget fittin a coat hanger in there..i'm tellin u homie u can reach your whole dayum arm down in there and unlock the door..g-body probably the easiest car to break into.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanx for all the advice homiez. I finally got in using a metal ruler and pushing down on a rod. It was so easy. Thanx str8cut.

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo@Oct 12 2003, 09:42 AM
Thanx for all the advice homiez. I finally got in using a metal ruler and pushing down on a rod. It was so easy. Thanx str8cut.
No prob homie,works like a charm everytime ;) :cool:

·
9,464 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo@Oct 11 2003, 04:06 PM~1161037
I accidently locked my keys in my 85' Monte.  Any ideas on how to get them out.  I can't find the spare.  I already tried the hanger trick.  Thanx
put a spare in your wallet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts