LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im building my mac struts for my ride , help comments or questions before i weld them up lmk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will be running accumulators so no springs needed :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
should be no problems , looks pretty good welding on the cyl casing is kinda iffy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
looks alright. might have been easier to go with cylinders with the side fitting. but as long as you got that bottom fitting sorted should be alright. make sure to leave slack in the hose obviously

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Do you use smaller pumps and less batterys when your not using a spring?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Oct 20 2006, 03:14 AM~6400410
Do you use smaller pumps and less batterys when your not using a spring?
not necessarily. i only got 2 prohopper streets, but at 48v

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Originally posted by socapots@Oct 19 2006, 10:40 AM~6400882
never done anything with a strut before. so how do u relieve the pressure in the cylinder before u take it all appart??
do it at the pump

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
i just drill a small hole and drain the oil

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
while drilling, put a towel over the drill bit before you puncture the strut so that the fluid doesn't come directly at you.
ask me how i know. :uh:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Originally posted by SoTexCustomz@Oct 18 2006, 08:47 PM~6398188
well im building my mac struts for my ride , help comments or questions before i weld them up lmk
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/sotexcustomz/DCP_2310.jpg
[/b][/quote]

you might want to weld some nuts to the sides of the casing to thread some bolts through to hold the cylinder in place. it looks like it would want to pull the cylinder up out of the strut casing if you were to jack up the car.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my struts were already blown from ridin on my b/s coil overs so i drilled a hole and nothing happend lol then i went to town with the chop saw

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i think ima drill some holes and plug weld the cylinder inside the casing aslong as the sleeve unscrews to remove the seals shouldnt have any problems? anyone ever have problems welding on a cylinder?

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
make sure the steering does not make the stroke and casing turn separate...u always want the cylinder to not turn

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that was the orginal plan to get rid of the struts completly but theres no room for the a arms i got ( from older style civic) but ill hold on tothem 6" not that much lift i wanted alot more but what can i do

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
This is from the tech section. I tried coilover on my girls car both upside down and right side up. Upside down the fitting would hit the cv axle. Right side up the fitting was putting a dent in the hood. I switch to coil under like in the picture and have no leaks or any other problems since. Its a unibody and I got around 18 off the ground the day before last. I know your not using a coil, but if you decide to switch this would be the way to go.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts