LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on selling my bike. It costed me over $400 in parts and the paint job was cheap but came out amazing.

I am putting it on ebay how much should i put it up there for?

please help me out, people in my town dont care for lowriders or old schwinns so im using ebay.

please post some prices thanks alot you guys.

heres the pics:

http://www.ENIDISNOC.tk

keep it real :cool:

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
A few things give it away.

1. There is no kickstand bracket welded behind the crank.

2. The part where you bolt there rear rim has two little holes. Schwinns had only one.

3. The seriel # is under the crank case right?

4. The seatpost clamp is painted.

5. The tubes that meet at the head tube are not welded into a curve. The manufacturer just drilled a hole in the headtube and just welded it in there.

I could go on... :biggrin:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh alright just wondering how you knew that. well the seat post clamp was painted when i got it painted.

and schwinn had there vin numbers in different spots for different years like i know there was a few years were it was on the headtube, and then they were under the crank case like you said.

aright guys thanks for the help though, and i have mirrors too to put on so that ill do now.

later :cool:

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Nov 28 2003, 09:27 PM

5. The tubes that meet at the head tube are not welded into a curve. The manufacturer just drilled a hole in the headtube and just welded it in there.

6. Schwinns were brazed together not welded

·
Registered
240 Posts
who where you trying to fooli could teel its a fake from a mile away you are beter of selling it in your town where people dont know about that stuff for 250 you could buy a brand new one at the swap meet just like your but whit a bit more asesories

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302+Nov 28 2003, 10:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lownslow302 @ Nov 28 2003, 10:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--socios b.c. prez@Nov 28 2003, 09:27 PM

6. Schwinns were brazed together not welded[/b][/quote]
Sorry, thats what I ment... :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by pedal scrapin@Nov 28 2003, 08:13 PM
how do you know its not a schwinn?

j/w

i guess 250 would be right even though the paint was 100 (i knew the guy) and the parts all together were lik 250 but w/e

thanks
:0 i have 3 frames with the same paint :biggrin: well i have more but i have 3 black ones

·
Registered
70 Posts
Due to the fact that most 70's and later schwin frames had a straighter rear section than yours. On the up tube leading to the back end it would usually be flatter. I believe.

1. There is no kickstand bracket welded behind the crank.

2. The part where you bolt there rear rim has two little holes. Schwinns had only one.

And just to retort. I have a different off brand of schwin, its not a stingray in other words. It was a Kyote or something, and there wasn't a kickstand bracked welded underneath, and it has two different holes, ones threaded and the other is not. Im guessing that the brackets and single holes were just on the stingrays. Right? Because this was a schwin. undoubly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey guys... Ive been wonering whether or not my bike is a schwin frame....

i bought it without badges or anything,

it does have a kickstand welded on, the seat post had not seat clamp when i got it

as for the serial number i honestly dont remember where it was and i dont wanna sand it down to find it again

right where you bolt down the rear wheel i have one hole

theres a few pics of it under the newbie here post... but i doubt the quality is good enough to see details....

thanks

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
anyone know where I could get a chrome kickstand for my 74 Schwinn?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Oh, there is also numbers on the crank schwinn bikes

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Dec 6 2003, 08:25 PM
anyone know where I could get a chrome kickstand for my 74 Schwinn?
how bad is your old one? get that plated Schwinn parts are expensive in NOS form, so your best bet is to restore yours id be cheaper that way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts