LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i been painting and patterning little model cars and i did a few bikes a year or two ago but now i wanna move on to bigger and better things :biggrin:

i wanna start painting/patterning cars what would be the best gun's to use and what other materials should i buy???

i think im gonna need

1 primer gun

1 base gun

1 candy gun

1 clear gun

a big compresser

palm sander

:confused:

could you guys help me out :(

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
since your just starting out, i would recomend maybe some devillbiss guns. they are cheap and perform well. maybe one with 1.8 tip for primer, and a couple of guns with 1.4 or 1.5 tips for base and clear. i dont think you need one dedicated just for kandy. as far as the compressor, get the best you can afford i guess, maybe even a 220v model.

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 9 2006, 10:18 PM~6337842
since your just starting out, i would recomend maybe some devillbiss guns. they are cheap and perform well. maybe one with 1.8 tip for primer, and a couple of guns with 1.4 or 1.5 tips for base and clear. i dont think you need one dedicated just for kandy. as far as the compressor, get the best you can afford i guess, maybe even a 220v model.

Thanks Bro

and paint stores sells guns?? if not where can i buy some paint guns??

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Oct 9 2006, 09:18 PM~6337842

im gonna pick these up :cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...mMakeTrack=true

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by pink63impala@Feb 21 2007, 12:38 PM~7317787
just make sure your compressor is compatible with those guns cfms

what kind would be reccomended? not something to expensive like in the $150-$200 area :dunno:

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
are you just gonna do small practices or full paint jobs? id check out some pawn shops for compressors,and palm sanders,..i got a used d.a sander ill sell cheap and its name brand i believe its mirka and i also have some inexpensive spray guns ill kick dow if you pay shipping,,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts