LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was told that you know about air baggin, and i wondered if you have any ideas on a basic kit and how hard it would be to install my self i have basic skills in welding and do know a litle bit on fabrication, i saw on your site that you had a 79 and totaled it did you do anything to it or just fuck around with it as a daily.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
actually, the 79 was one of the few cars I didnt crash..lol

it would be simple to make brackets for that car...

look how I did them on my 64, 3/8" plate on the front lower arm, just throw a piece of plate on it, trace the shape of the arm, and cut it, drill some holes, and bolt the plate to the arm..

for the front upper, cut a piece of pipe the length that you want, determine if you need an angle on the pipe to sit in the upper spring pocket.. weld a flat piece to the bag side of the pipe, and there ya go..

for the back, just use 2 pipes with flat pieces welded to them.. just like the front upper basically..

determining the height of the pipes will take some trial and error...

fell free to hit me up if you have more questions..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so when you say pipe hight you mean what exactly

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
the overall height of the brackets... if you make them too short, you wont get full use of the lift, and if you make them too long, the car wont drop all the way down..

you usually need to manipulate the suspension with everything removed, and measure the distance between the mounting points..

say you measure 10 inches fully collapsed... take that 10, measure the bag fully collapsed, if it's 4 inches, then your brackets should be 6 inches tall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts