LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY U KNO THAT 63 I AM BUILDING LIKE YOURS THE KIND THAT DRIVE WELL I WAS WONDERING CAN I TAKE THE ELECTRONICS OF A R/C CAR AND AND HOOK THEM TO THE MOTORS OF MY 63? HOW CAN I WIRE THEM UP CAN I SEE PICS OF YOUR SWITCH BOX SETUP FOR REFERENCE. THANK HOLLA BACK

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Hey Josh, I'm still experimenting with the '70 impala I'm doing for Brian. I used the electronics of a 1/24 RC car but I found out that the RC module is a bit weak it runs on 2 AA baterries and since I hooked up 4 motors it doesn't have much left for the receiver....to receive.
It works well on a distance of say 4 meters beyond that it starts to stutter a bit.
For the drive motor take one that runs very smooth that means less torque this is useally why the car doesn't run nice because of the pulse thing that the receiver gives to the motors.

The switchbox stays the same...it's only the hooking up of the reciever to the motors in the car.
;)

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
If you wan the car to drive back and forth just take the wires of the receiver that where soldered to the original motor.
The doesn't hop it does side2side, front/back/ 3wheel and drives forward.
If you want a modelcar to hop you need a bigger model, say a Van, because of the extra batteries and relays. For such a setup use a 6V running RC car. ;)

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Relays are small electric switches...they act on 6V but I've heard they can be found with inside coils that react on 3V.
You need relays if you want to put way more volt on a motor that the receiver can't handle. If you, for instance, put 6V 2000Mah thru a 3V receiver unit it will burn out the relay does the job of converting the 3V to 6V.
This is the thing I did on the radio shack RC car to make it hop.

What I said before it can be done 1/24 scale but you need a big model car so you can stash all the components in it that's why a van or a Suv is the best for this job. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts